Kutztown University Communication Design
The process for applying to the Communication Design Department requires
both application to the University and successful completion of an Art Test.
No portfolios are accepted from new students. Transfer students
are now required to submit a portfolio of work for entry into the CD program. Transfers are accepted for fall admittance only. To
download the 2013 unofficial transfer student portfolio requirements please click
here. You must submit an application to receive an official application.
- Contact Admissions to apply to the University. Call the Admissions Office
at (610) 683-4060 or toll-free 1-877-628-1915 between 8am and
4:30pm EST Monday–Friday or apply
online. For more information regarding University admissions requirements click
- Be sure to specify that you wish to be a Communication Design major on your application.
- Upon receipt of your application by Admissions, an Art Test will be sent
to you to be completed for acceptance into the Communication
Design Department. No portfolios are accepted. NOTE: This year the Dept. is testing conditional acceptance of portfolios at either the New York City or Philadelphia National Portfolio Day events. Students will be notified if they are conditionally accepted or still required to submit an Art Test.
- Return your properly completed Art Test (follow all directions) to the
Communication Design Department postmarked before or on the
deadline. The Art Test is the basis by which the Department
determines your acceptance into the major.
- You will be notified by Admissions whether you’ve been accepted
to the University and to the program only after the deadline
date. Please do not call the Communication Design Department
regarding acceptance. We are not permitted to release that
- Good luck and best wishes.