Perforum: The Forum for Performance
Perforum is a performing arts club dedicated to diverse types of performance including oral interpretation, storytelling, group performance, adaptation, performance art, poetry slams, improve, children’s literature, and experimental performance. Perforum is open to all Kutztown University students. By participating in the club, students have an opportunity to produce plays and performances on campus, attend Broadway plays, travel to performance festivals in exotic locations, and explore their creativity and self-expression.
To join Perforum, contact President Teresa Nutter at email@example.com.
Perforum Club Officers 2011-2012
President, Teresa Nutter
Previous activities include:
- Trips to Broadway to see shows like Rent, Hairspray, Avenue Q, Beauty and the Beast, and Metamorphoses.
- Travel to Performance Festivals and Conferences in St. Simon Island GA, Washington DC, Miami, FL.
- Touring to elementary schools with children’s shows such as: Fairy Godmother Failure, In Search of a Happy Ending, Lemur Tales, and Young Writers Showcase.
- On campus performances of original plays and adaptations such as: Centralia, Nuestras Voces, and Little Gold Star: A Mexican Cinderella Story.
- Hosting workshops and showcases by cutting edge performance artists Tim Miller, Patrick Johnson, and Terry Galloway.
- Workshops on creative writing, improv, clowning, and storytelling.