Clinical Experience in Puerto Rico
- Completed application packets are due in the Clinical Experience & Outreach Office on or before 4:00 PM XXXX. Incomplete or late packets will not be accepted.
- Read all parts of the application packet before starting to complete the form.
- Complete the three-page application form. Carefully print information on the application. Illegible applications will not be considered.
- Write your name on each envelope before giving the evaluation forms to faculty. Explain that the faculty member is to (a) complete the evaluation form; (b) insert it into the envelope with your name on it; (c) seal the envelope; (d) sign his/her name across the flap and return the envelope to you. You must submit these envelopes unopened.
- Distribute three faculty evaluation forms (with the two instruction sheets) to faculty who will be able to evaluate you in the categories listed on the evaluation form.
- You must explain the one-week timeline and the procedure for sealing the evaluation form in the envelope to each faculty member in person. Forms left in mailboxes or slid under doors are often ignored.
- Establish a date (no more than one week in the future) on which you will return to pick up the completed evaluation form from each faculty member.
- Return on the appointed day to retrieve the completed form. If a faculty member does not keep to the timeline, consider requesting an extra evaluation form from the FE & O Office and submitting it to another faculty member. You may only submit three evaluation forms. Incomplete application packets (i.e. those with less than three evaluation forms) will not be accepted.
- Place your completed and signed application form together with the three faculty evaluation forms (in their sealed envelopes) into the large brown KU envelope.
- Return the completed application packet (with your name on the brown envelope) to the Clinical Experience & Outreach Office on or before XXXX. Do not slide it under the door or place it on a desk. Make sure you give it to someone (e.g. Miss Kreitz, Mrs. Hartman or a student worker). Your name will be recorded on the Sem/Year Clinical Experience in Puerto Rico applicant list.
- Applications will be reviewed and students selected for interviews on the strength of their application, QPA and faculty evaluations.
- After the interviews, a maximum of five students will be offered the opportunity to participate in the Clinical Experience in Puerto Rico Program.