The LRC has a five-fold mission:
- To improve students' language learning experiences and increase language relevance through the promotion of pedagogically-sound applications of technology.
- To provide technical support to students and faculty as they explore new technologies and their applications in learning environments.
- To support the fostering of students' knowledge of written and multimedia texts in their first and second languages and to help prepare students for a technology-rich work environment.
- To serve the multilingual community of Kutztown University, Berks County, Pennsylvania, and the U.S. through service-oriented projects aimed at supporting multilingualism and heritage languages.
- To support and enrich the community of language and communication educators through continued professional development opportunities.