There are many things to consider when planning your campus event. This page is intended to give you
information to help you plan your event.
1. Have you determined type of event, expected
attendance and location of your event?
2. Have you requested the location on room
scheduler - remember to leave time for set-up and tear down?
3. Have you received a confirmation from room
scheduler letting you know the reservation has been confirmed?
4. Have you made arrangements with physical
facilities for any work orders (SUB Operation Office for SUB set-ups)?
5. Have you made arrangements for your catering
needs through AVI Food Systems?
6. Do you have any additional personnel needs -
custodial, public safety,...?
7. Are you advising a student organization and
the event will the end later than 11:00pm? If so, then you need to follow
the late night event policy?
8. Is a fee being collected and does it adhere to
the KU Collection Policy?
What is the date of your event?
- In reserving your event have a back-up date available in
case the venue is not available. Also, consider who your audience is and whether or not they will be
able to attend your event - if you are targeting students make sure the
event date is not over a break.
How large of an audience are you planning to have attend your event?
- Is the facility that you have chosen large enough for this event?
- Have you thought about how your facility needs to be set-up?
- Have you planned ample time to allow for the set-up and
tear down to occur?
- Have you submitted work orders via the TMA Work Order system for your facility to be set according to your needs? (Please see link
on the left for access)
Note: For set-ups in the Student Union Building please contact the SUB Operations office. They do all of their own set-ups.
Are you having food?
- Catering arrangements should be made through Aramark.
- Follow link to the catering guide available online or by calling 610 683-4680. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need to contact additional KU personnel?
- Does your event require Public Safety? If so contact them at email@example.com
- Does your event require Custodial Services?
- Does your event require additional KU chaperones?
Are you advising a student organization planning a late night event?
- Late night policies are in effect for all student organizations planning an activity that is scheduled to run past 11:00pm. Your student organization must arrange a meeting with both the Office of Student Involvement and Public Safety in order to get approval for their event. These meetings will need to take place at least 2 weeks prior to the event date. If meetings with both offices do not occur, the late night event will not be allowed to take place.
If you are uncertain of your event needs, please contact Honey Svoboda (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further assistance.