Union & Involvement
deposit slip: Deposit
slips are located in the KUSSI Service Center (MSU 171)
and include the following information:
• Organization name
• Type of account (private or budget)
• Source of deposit (i.e. fundraising, dues, other)
• Account number
• Cash total and/or check total
• Printed name of depositor
• Signature of depositor
Guideline to follow when depositing checks:
• All checks should be made payable to KUSSI.
• All checks should include the student organization's 3-digit
account number on the check.
• All checks should be deposited within 1 week of receiving
them. If checks are held, there is an increased risk that
once deposited, they may not clear the bank.
• In the event a check is returned from the bank, we will notify
the person who wrote the check requesting a replacement.
KUSSI will also notify the club treasurer. If the person
fails to replace the check within the time allowed the club
treasurer will be notified again and the club may choose to take
action against the student through the Office of Student Conduct
of Deposit Amount:
Total the cash and/or check amounts
prior to submitting the deposit to a KUSSI staff member.
The KUSSI Service Center staff member will count the cash and/or
checks to confirm the deposit amount. If the amount
differs from the amount indicated on the deposit slip, the staff
member and the depositor will recount the money together to
determine the accurate amount.
Once the deposit amount has been
confirmed, a receipt of the transaction will be given to the
person making the deposit. If this person is not the
student organization's treasurer, he/she will need to forward
this receipt to the student organization's treasurer.
Rm. 171 McFarland
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.