- Student must be accepted into a degree program
- Student must be making satisfactory
financial aid progress for
grant and loan eligibility
- Joint enrollment between KU and other school must be at least
6 credits per semester.
- File FAFSA listing
KU as first-choice school. (For summer consortium agreements,
also complete the Financial Aid Office's summer gold financial aid
- Complete Permission to Study at Another College form
(available from Registrar's Office.)
How the Process Works
- Student notifies KU Financial Aid Office of his/her intent
to study at another school by showing copy of approved Permission to
Study at Another College form from the Registrar's Office.
- Register for classes and make payment arrangements with the other
- KU Financial Aid Office sends paperwork to other school.
- Other school's Financial Aid Office completes paperwork and
returns it to KU Financial Aid Office.
- After a complete evaluation, KU Financial Aid Office processes
aid based on costs at both schools (if jointly enrolled) or based
on other school's costs (if attending just other school.)
- Aid is disbursed to student through KU. Student uses refund
to help cover costs at other school. Make arrangements with KU
Bursar to have refund check sent to student at designated address.
A Few Words of Caution
- Not all schools participate in Consortium Agreements. If the
other school does not participate, your aid eligibility will be
determined only by your enrollment at KU.
- Scholarships and tuition waivers cannot be used at a school
other than Kutztown University. Please understand that these types
of aid are intended for KU enrollment only.
- State grant amounts may be different from original award letter
due to differing costs of attendance at the school(s) you attend.
<< Back to Types of Financial Aid at KU