Lending: Visiting and Emeriti Professors
- Policy Statement: The library provides borrowing
privileges to Visiting Professors and Emeriti Professors.
- Rationale: Visiting professors and Emeriti need
borrowing privileges to both continue their research and for
leisure reading activities.
- Background: Visiting professors are professors from
another University who are visiting and teaching at Kutztown
University for a short period of time. Emeritus status is granted
to Kutztown University professors by the University President
upon the professor’s retirement. The professor must have served
the University for at least 10 years.
- Visiting professors and emeriti often need to be added
into the database as new patrons.
- Loan Period: 180 days, except for rented books, which
circulate for 28 days. Curriculum Materials Center textbooks
and kits circulate for one week.
- Renewals: One 180-day renewal, except for Curriculum
Materials which cannot be renewed.
- Holds & Recalls: Can be placed on print materials by
contacting the Information Commons desk.
- Maximum number of items: 50
- Overdue Fines: None.
- Fees for lost items: Standard fee for the type of item
borrowed; no processing fee; borrowing privileges suspended
indefinitely when the patron owes fees for 50 items.
Approved by the Dean of Library
Page updated 12 November 2013