Lending: Kutztown University Faculty and Staff
- Policy Statement: The library provides extended
borrowing privileges for library print materials to employees of
- Rationale: Faculty and administrators require
extended loan periods to accommodate the research process. Staff
are extended the same privileges. The library collection and
library budget are not of the size that faculty can hold large
collections of library books in their offices indefinitely
without impacting the ability of students and other faculty to
conduct scholarly research. If faculty discover they need books
for more than one year, they are encouraged to scan or photocopy
the needed material, or to purchase a personal copy.
- A patron record for each employee is automatically
loaded into the library’s Circulation module. As with all
records automatically loaded, it does not include the patron
barcode number. All University employees are issued an
official KU ID card to use at the library.
- Kutztown University employees are assigned one of three
patron groups: Faculty, Management or Staff. Library Staff
is not a valid patron group and is not used. All three
patron groups have identical privileges.
- Faculty, administrators and staff need to present their
library card when borrowing materials.
- Employees are responsible for returning items in the
same condition in which they were borrowed. If a print item
is damaged, the employee will be asked to replace the item
or pay the appropriate fee.
- Loan Period: 180 days, except Leisure
Reading/Rental books which are loaned for 28 days.
- Renewals: One. After one renewal the patron needs to
return the item to the library to verify the item has not
been lost. The item can be checked out again if there are no
holds or recalls.
- Holds & Recalls: Can be placed on print materials by
contacting the Information Commons desk at 610-683-4480.
- Maximum Number of Items at One Time: 100.
- Overdue Fines: None.
- Fees for Lost Items: Standard fee for type of item
borrowed; no processing fee; borrowing privileges suspended
indefinitely when the patron owes fees for 100 lost items.
Items that have been declared “Lost” in the circulation
system need to be returned to the library and discharged.
The items may then be charged out to the patron again if
- Audiovisual Materials: During the Fall 2011 transition phase, please contact the Information Commons desk (610-683-4800) with requests, questions, and concerns.
- Interlibrary Loan: KU employees can have up to 20
interlibrary loan books out at once.
Approved by the Dean of Library Services
06/2008; revised 08/2011
Page updated 12 November 2013
Next you’ll see the secure donation page of the Kutztown University Foundation. Simply change the ‘Designation’ menu choice to Rohrbach Library Fund.