Lending: Kutztown University Undergraduates
- Policy Statement: The library provides borrowing
privileges for library print materials to all students of
- Rationale: Library borrowing privileges are critical
to the mission of the library and the university.
- A patron record for each undergraduate is automatically
loaded into the library’s Circulation module. As with all
records automatically loaded, it does not include the patron
barcode number. All University undergraduates are issued an
official KU ID card at freshman orientation to use as their
- Students need to present their library card when
- Students are responsible for returning items in the same
condition in which they were borrowed. If a print item is
damaged, the students will be asked to replace the item or
pay the appropriate fee.
- Loan Period: 28 days with one 28-day renewal for
Main Collection books. Curriculum Materials kits and
textbooks circulate for 1 week with one 1-week renewal.
- Renewals: One. After one renewal the patron needs
to return the item to the library.
- Holds & Recalls: Can be placed on print materials
by contacting the Information Commons Counter.
- Maximum Number of Items at one time: 50
- Overdue Fines: None. If items are not returned
thirty days after the Due Date, students receive a notice
that their records have been sealed until the items are
returned. If a student’s records are sealed, they cannot
register, receive grades, receive transcripts, or get their
diplomas. When all the items are returned the records are
- Fees for lost items: Standard fee for type of
item borrowed; no processing fee; borrowing privileges
suspended indefinitely when the patron owes fees for 10 lost
items. Items that have been declared “Lost” in the
circulation system need to be returned to the library and
discharged. The items may then be charged out to the patron
again if asked.
- Audiovisual materials: Undergraduates may borrow media and audiovisual materials. Contact the Information Commons desk (610-683-4800) with requests, questions, or concerns.
- Interlibrary loan: Students can have up to 10
interlibrary loan books out at once.
Approved by the Dean of Library Services
<< Back to Policies
Page updated 28 September 2011