Computer Lab Policies
The Rohrbach Library computer labs on
all three floors offer open access for Kutztown University students, faculty, and staff.
On rare occasion, the labs may serve as a backup classrooms for library instruction. Signs will be posted.
The following guidelines have been established for the labs:
- Access to the computer lab is limited to KU students, employees, and emeriti in possession of a current university identification card.
- The computer lab is generally open when the Library is open.
- Computers may not be reserved in advance for individual use.
- The installation of any software program or utility on any lab computer is prohibited.
- Altering or deleting any software program or utility from any lab computer is prohibited.
- Lab software that is copyrighted may not be copied.
- Contact Library Technical Support (610-683-4167) or the Periodicals staff (in RL203) to add paper or toner to the networked printer.
- In the event of problems with software or equipment, notify Library Technical Support (610-683-4167) or the Periodicals staff (in RL203) immediately.
- Do not move, connect, disconnect, turn off, or change lab equipment.
- Always copy personal files to network or external drives.
- The Library accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss of data arising directly or indirectly from the use of the computer lab equipment.
- Computer lab equipment may not be used for personal profit.
- Food and beverages are prohibited in the lab.
- Violation of any regulations or abuse of equipment will be reported to the proper authorities and may result in suspension or revocation of lab privileges. The Library Administration reserves the right to bar any user from the lab for violating these regulations, the policies of the University, or for inappropriate behavior.
<< Back to Computer Use Policies
<< Back to Library Circulation Policies
<< Back to Library Policies
Page updated 6 March 2011