Rohrbach Library Green Team - Projects
- Seal Building Envelope - Donna has called in work orders to
weather-strip exterior doors
Facilities has already done the receiving entrance doorway. Yet to do: emergency exits on the ground floor.
- Keep front double doors closed - Dawn
Boody has been instrumental in making sure the
inner front doors are not
propped open. This seemingly trivial task has an enormous effect on the energy
usage of the
building HVAC system.
- Building walk through - We are in the process of developing a checklist for the building
that will allow us to monitor water and power resource usage on a regular basis.
- Posters - We are exploring ways to
heighten awareness of recycling throughout the building. Check out our wiki to
see what we've come up with so far, and add your ideas.
- Containers - We are looking into containers
that will help make sorting recyclables more automatic. Joanne Bucks is working with the Penn State Harrisburg
library to explore alternatives.
- Reuse of printer paper - Hats off to
Denise Moll and the Technical services
Department for using discarded paper that has only been printed on one side.
- Occupancy Sensors - Tom Green and the
Energy Management Department
will be installing occupancy sensors that will shut down lights when they are not needed. These will be placed
in appropriate locations throughout the library.
Page updated 20 June 2011