There are many opportunities and sources available to apply for financial aid including the federal government, the state government, private sources and the University.
Financial aid recipients must meet the following qualifications:
1. Must be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
2. Must have a high school diploma or an equivalent of a high school diploma (GED).
3. Must be enrolled at Kutztown University in an eligible program of study leading to a degree or teaching certificate awarded by the institution.
4. Must be maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
5. Must not be in default on a Federal Family Education Loan or a Perkins Loan; must not owe a repayment on a Federal Pell Grant, Federal ACG, Federal SMART Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) or a State Grant.
6. Must demonstrate financial need as determined by information provided by the student and the student's family on the financial aid application.
7. Must submit financial aid transcripts to Kutztown University from all other institutions of higher education previously attended. (KU. will query a national database for financial aid transcripts.)
8. Males between the ages of 18 through 25 years old must be registered with the U.S. Selective Service System to be eligible for federal student loans and grants. Men can register at any post office, or register now online.
For more detailed information, visit the Financial Aid web site, email the Financial Aid Office or call (610) 683-4077 to speak with a financial aid representative.