Transfer Students

  1. If you are a community college or State System student, the Academic Passport guarantees that you can transfer to Kutztown University, but it does not assure your admission into a specific program. The university maintains control over the admission process, especially in programs with limited openings for students and for which there are additional admission requirements.

  2. To be eligible for an Academic Passport, you must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00. If you are a community college student with an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree, you must have earned at least 30 credits in liberal arts courses.

  3. If you earn an Associate’s degree, Kutztown University will accept up to 45 general education and liberal arts credits—even if the university does not offer the specific course being transferred.

  4. With an Associate’s degree and provided your overall GPA at that school is at least 2.00, courses maybe considered in which you earned a “D” grade. Some programs may require a “C” or higher for major and certain other courses.

  5. If you do not earn an Associate’s degree or if you attend one of the PA State System universities, you must successfully complete at least 12 credits and have an overall GPA of 2.00 for consideration of a “D” grade. Some programs may require a “C” or higher for major and certain other courses.

  6. You may not transfer remedial, developmental, or study skills courses.

  7. When you transfer, credits from occupational and vocational courses usually are not accepted. Courses in certain technical fields may transfer, depending on the program.

Contact the Transfer Programs Coordinator, (610) 683-4787 for more specific information or visit the Admissions web site.