Bookmark and Share

F.A.Q. about Advising

I wasn't able to transfer into the major I really wanted. How can I get into that major now?
First, it is important to know why you were not admitted to your major of choice. Some programs have enrollment caps and others have specific admissions requirements. If you are unsure why you were not admitted to your major of choice, contact the Admissions Office.

During Academic Connections sessions, you will meet with an Academic Advisor. Discuss your intended major with your Academic Advisor and develop a plan for meeting the entrance requirements. Exploratory Studies students should be aware that there is no assurance they will be accepted into the major of their choice since some programs with limited capacity may be restricted or closed.

How do I register for courses at KU?
You will work with an Academic Advisor during Connections to schedule courses for your first semester at KU.
See Course Registration for more information about Advising for Exploratory Studies Transfer Students. 

How do I know what courses will transfer to KU?
The online Transfer Course Evaluation will show you what courses typically transfer from your institution. To officially transfer your courses to Kutztown University (KU), you must request that an official transcript be sent directly from the Registrar's Office of all your previous institutions to the Admissions Office at Kutztown University, P.O. Box 730, Kutztown, PA 19530. Your transcripts will be evaluated by the Admissions Office and a determination of transfer credit will be made.

How do I find out when classes start and when breaks are scheduled?
An Academic Calendar is available online and includes all important dates including start and end dates, drop/add and withdrawal deadlines, and scheduled breaks in classes.  Master Course Schedule is available each semester and can be found online.  It includes all offered classes as well as important dates and financial information.

How do I declare a major? 

Congratulations! Choosing a major is a great step in your academic career.  Once you have talked with your Exploratory Studies advisor to be sure you meet all the qualifications for your major of choice, you can go directly to the academic department in which you would like to declare.  You will fill out the Change of Major form with them. The change is immediate.