Bookmark and Share

Other University Resources

In addition to contacting the Office of the Dean of Students, students can also get in touch with other university resources that can provide them with assistance in resolving difficult issues.

Student Conduct Advisor:  The graduate assistant for Student Conduct in the Dean of Students Office serves as the Student Conduct Advisor and can assist students navigate the student conduct process.  The Student Conduct Advisor can help educate students about the conduct process, review hearing and appeal procedures, and assist students with general hearing preparation.  Most importantly, the Student Conduct Advisor will help students feel comfortable and confident going into a hearing.  To meet with the Student Conduct Advisor, contact Student Conduct.

Counseling & Psychological Services:  Counseling & Psychological Services provides free, confidential services for students experiencing difficult times.  CPS provides group and individual counseling in working with issues that include depression, stress/anxiety, relationships, and substance abuse concerns.  For more information, contact CPS (Beck Hall, first floor) at 610-683-4072 or visit the CPS website.

Office of the Registrar:  The Office of the Registrar provides many services to KU students.  Students can visit the website to access online forms for requesting a transcript, change of name and address, and more.  Students will also fine explanations of KU academic policies, including the attendance policy, Dean's List information and other pertinent policies.  For more information, contact the Office of the Registrar (115 Stratton Administration Center) at 610-683-4485 or visit the Registrar's website.

Financial Aid Services:  The program of student financial aid is based upon the philosophy that no student who is eligible for enrollment should be denied the opportunity for an education solely because of the lack of financial resources.  A basic principle of the Student Financial Aid Program is that the primary responsibility for educational costs must be assumed by the family, including the student.  The family's resources, which include the student's savings and other assets and computed expected parental contribution, are supplemented by state and federal government educational grants, private or institutional scholarships, student and parent loans, and work study programs.  For more information, contact Financial Aid Services.

Grade Appeals Board:  The Grade Appeals Board reviews and determines decisions regarding disputes raised by students involving their grades.  Students must complete a Grade Appeal Petition form and follow the process outlined on the form.  More information can be found in the catalog's Academic Policy section .

Academic Honesty Policy:  Kutztown University is committed to the personal and intellectual growth of its students.  The principal context in which this growth occurs is through its academics, which is dependent upon an open and honest atmosphere of positive cooperation between faculty and students.  In order to maintain this atmosphere, professors must evaluate the academic performance of students fairly and students must demonstrate their mastery of subject matter honorably.  Any acts of academic dishonesty by students, such as plagiarism on written papers or cheating on exams undermine the educational and ethical goals of the University for its students.  Such violations are of the utmost seriousness.  It is the responsibility of all students to be aware of this policy and abide by it at all times. View the policy.