Mail Services will continue to publish the Mail Services Guide that will provide mailing tips and other ideas that can help you obtain better mail service. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please contact Pam Reinhart, Mail Services, at 610-683-4141.
Mail Services plans to hold mail seminars periodically to educate the mailers in mail preparation and suggest methods to reduce departmental mail charges.
POSTAGE SAVING TIPS
- Screen your mailing list for unnecessary names. If possible, arrange to have your address labels printed in zip code order.
- Fold multi-page material and send it in a #10 envelope to save the extra weight and postage of a large "flat."
- Use postcards for short messages or announcements. It is one-third cheaper than sending an envelope.
- Combine mailings to the same person or address in one envelope.
- Print on both sides of a page. This will reduce the weight of your piece and save on postage.
- Use faxes when time is crucial, instead of Express mail.
- Use Parcel Post and Book Rate as much as possible.
- Use university-designated vendors for overnight delivery service.
- Use following fonts to ensure your letter mail is acceptable to our pre-sort vendor.
- Corporate Mono-Plain
- Courier New
(All fonts must be between 10 pt and 12 pt)
PERSONAL MAIL FOR FACULTY AND STAFF
Personal mail cannot be billed to a departmental account. There are no exceptions.
SENDING PERSONAL MAIL
As a courtesy to university faculty and staff, Mail Services will pick up stamped personal mail from departments along with other mail that is picked up at a regular pick‐up location. Personal Mail must be sealed and have the correct postage affixed. All stamped mail should be kept separate from all other mail.
RECEIVING PERSONAL MAIL
The university requires all faculty and staff to receive their personal mail at home or at their permanent address. Kutztown University should not be given as your permanent address. The only exceptions are the Residence Hall Building Coordinators and Residence Hall Building Directors employed by Housing and Residential Services.