Bookmark and Share

Student Union FAQ

Q.    What are the Bookstore hours?
A.    Monday through Thursday from 7:45 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Friday from 7:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.                                                          
See: for more information.

Q.    What banks are in the area?
A.    Wells Fargo, Citizen's Bank and Sovereign Banks are on Main Street in Kutztown. A satellite office for PSECU is located on the 2nd floor of the MSU. Two ATM machines are located in the Student Union, and one ATM machine is available outside the South Dining Hall.

Q.    Can I cash checks on campus?
A.    The KU Bookstore will cash student payroll checks up to $150.00.

Q.    For graduation, where do I go to sign up for my cap and gown?
A.    Go to KUSSI (Kutztown University Student Services Inc.) in the McFarland Student Union Room 173 (610-683-4090).

Q.    Where do I get tickets for graduation?
A.    Get tickets for graduation at KUSSI in the McFarland Student Union Room 173 (610-683-4090).

Q.    Where do I register for graduation?
A.    Applications for Graduation must be received in the Registrar's Office, Stratton Administration Building Room 115 (610-683-4477) approximately by the third week of the graduating semester.

Q.    What are the hours of the Cub Cafe?
A.    The hours of the Cub Cafe are: Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Sunday from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (except on breaks/holidays).  Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sundays.

Q.    What are the hours of the Bear's Den in the McFarland Student Union?
A.   The Bears Den is open the same time as the general building hours. During the academic year hours are:  Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 12 a.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.  

Q.    What do I do if I lose my ID card?
A.    Contact the KU Card Office in the Academic Forum room 107 during normal business hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. OR Public Safety in the basement of Old Main (610-683-4001).

Q.    Where do I take the money for my New York Times subscription?
A.    You can take your money for your New York Times subscription to KUSSI Accounting Office in the McFarland Student Union Room 171 (610-683-4091).

Q.    Where do I get the list for off-campus housing?
A.    You can get the list for off-campus housing at the Student Services and Campus Life in the McFarland Student Union Room 262 (610-683-1320).

Q.    Where can I make photocopies?
A.    You can make photocopies at the Bookstore (black and white, color), Library (black and white), Sharadin Art Studio (color), and Women's Center (color).

Q.    What clubs or Student Organizations are available and how do I get more information on them?
A.    Contact Student Involvement Services in the Student Union Room 153 or call (610-683-1383).

Q.    How can I get involved with the community and what volunteer programs does KU offer?
A.    Contact the KU Community Outreach Center in McFarland Student Union Room 281 (610-683-4065).

Q.    When and where do I apply for the "Who's Who" listing?
A.    The Associate Vice Provost for Academic and Student Affairs Office administers this program. Contact the McFarland Student Union Room 255 (610-683-1396).

Q.    Who do I speak to about getting into or receiving a yearbook? (Keystonia)
A.    There is a yearbook office located in the Student Union. Questions can be referred by calling 610-683-4475.