Bookmark and Share

Parking FAQ

Q. Do I need a permit?
A. Yes, everyone that parks on campus Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. must have a permanent decal or register for a temporary permit with Public Safety.

Q. Does the decal have to be put on my windshield?
A. Yes, all decals must be clearly displayed on and adhered to the passenger's side of the windshield with the permanent glue on the decal in order to avoid being ticketed.

Q. How many vehicles can I register?
A. Students may register one vehicle online. Additional vehicles must be registered in Old Main 13 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. free of charge.

Q. What do I do if I only need a car for a couple of days?
A. Temporary passes are available at Public Safety, 24 hours a day, by bringing your vehicle registration to the Communications Center located in the basement of Old Main.

Q. What do I do if my vehicle breaks down?
A. You must notify Public Safety and obtain a disabled placard until your vehicle can be moved.

Q. Where can I park?
A. Click here for the current zones.

Q. If I replace my windshield, what do I need to do to get a new decal?
A. Bring a copy of the receipt showing the replacement of the windshield or pull your vehicle into Old Main Circle and a member of the department will verify the removal of a prior decal and a new decal will be issued.

Q. Should I let Public Safety know if I get a new license plate?
A. Yes, it is important to notify Public Safety regarding any changes to your license plate number or vehicle that you are driving.

Q. Where can I park with a state handicap placard?
A. State placards are honored in any of the lots on campus. You may park in posted handicap spaces or any non-posted space on campus. However, your vehicle must still be registered.

Q. Can I park to unload my vehicle near my residence hall?
A. Yes, loading/unloading is permitted for 20 minutes in a legal parking space (white lines) or loading zone with four-way flashers on.

Q. How can I request a change to my assigned parking areas? 
A. Fill out one of the forms below. Please note that medical requests also require something in writing from your doctor, and requests for work purposes also require something on letterhead from your employer stating your hours.

Request for parking assignment change

Medical request for parking assignment change