Message from President Hawkinson and Dr. McCargo, Dean of Students
October 31, 2018
Dear KU Campus Community,
Last night around midnight, University Police received a report of vandalism to eight buildings on North Campus in the form of graffiti. This matter is currently under investigation.
University Police are seeking assistance from the campus community. Anyone with information should contact University Police at 610-683-4002. Anonymous tips can be provided through Berks County Crime Alert.
The safety and security of our campus community is paramount. As we have stated before, Kutztown University highly values and respects all campus constituents and celebrates diversity. We will continue to advocate for an environment wherein all those associated with our university can feel valued and safe.
Vandalism to our campus is not acceptable. It is punishable by law and can result in serious consequences for the offenders. Vandalism impacts the quality and appearance of our campus, it impacts us financially, and places a strain on our facilities department.
If you or someone you know has been adversely affected, please contact one of the resources below as appropriate:
- Faith-based Organizations (via Office of Inclusion and Outreach): (610) 683-4923
- GLBTQ Resource Center: (484) 646-4111
- KU Police: (610) 683-4002
- Office of the Dean of Students: (610) 683-1396
- Office of Multicultural Services: (610) 683-4197
- Office of Social Equity: (610) 683-4700
- University Counseling Center: (610) 683-4072
- Women's Center: (610) 683-4655
Thank you for your attention to this matter and your role in promoting a safe, secure, and welcoming campus environment.
Dr. Kenneth S. Hawkinson
Dr. Donavan McCargo
Dean of Students