Center for the Enhancement of Teaching (CET) Faculty Director: Call for Applications
The Faculty Director guides and directs the activities of the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching (CET).
- Supporting faculty members in their continued professional development as instructors by:
- Promoting innovative teaching strategies and technologies
- Disseminating information, developing projects, and conducting inquiries that enhance the knowledge and practice of university teaching
- Encouraging discussion of accrued wisdom and providing a forum for topics of faculty interest
- Contributing to the orientation and post-orientation of new faculty by:
- Serving as a resource and mentor
- Collaborating with the Associate Provost to create an effective new faculty orientation
- Organizing additional programming and activities that support new faculty’s development in their first years
- Partnering with other related offices to support faculty’s continued professional development including, but not limited to:
- the Office of Assessment - promoting best practices in assessment at the course and program levels
- the Office of Distance Education - promoting online teaching and learning pedagogies
- the Office of Grants & Sponsored Projects - promoting scholarship and grant-writing
Activities could include, but not be limited to:
- Working with colleges, departments, and other groups to determine faculty needs and interests, and to design strategies for the enhancement of teaching and learning
- Facilitating workshops on topics related to teaching and learning
- Managing the content of the University website for the CET
- Creating mentor programs across or within disciplines
- Assisting faculty in the development of funding proposals to enhance teaching and learning
The CET Faculty Director reports to the Associate Provost for Accreditation and Assessment. The position is for two years, starting in January 2023, with the option for renewing for an additional one year, depending on the mutual agreement of the Faculty Director and the Associate Provost with final approval from the Provost.
Expectations: The Faculty Director will receive a two-course release (6 LHE) per semester; this assignment should not result in the individual being in overload status. As part of the assignment, the CET Director shall hold six open consultation hours in the CET per week, distinct from the contractually stipulated five standard office hours. Winter and summer assignments are required (Winter Professional Development Days, Summer Teaching Institute, Incoming Faculty Orientation). The Faculty Director will work closely with the CET Advisory Board, the Associate Provost, and the teaching and learning developers at the university.
Qualifications: A doctorate and ten years of experience teaching in higher education. A record of innovation in teaching, and effectiveness as a college professor. Professional presentations and/or publications related to innovative higher education teaching and effectiveness. Demonstrated ability to mentor junior faculty and positively impact their teaching. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, as well as oral and written communication skills, and to work effectively with university administration, faculty, and system-level groups.
Interested Kutztown University faculty should send, via e-mail, a letter of application that speaks to the position’s qualifications, and a C.V. to Karen Rauch, Associate Provost for Accreditation and Assessment (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, October 17, 2022 at 4:30 pm.