Student Recreation Center, Intramurals and Club Sports - Fall 2020
KU’s Office of Recreational Services has announced its Fall 2020 plans for the Student Recreation Center, intramurals and club sports.
Reopening Date: Saturday, Aug. 22, 2020
- Fitness Center Capacity - maximum 60 (capacities are based on CDC social distancing guidelines).
- Group Exercise Capacity – maximum of 13 per class, including instructor (capacities are based on CDC social distancing guidelines).
- No patrons will be admitted without their valid KU ID – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Masks will be required throughout the facility and must be worn for the entirety of a member's workout.
- Patrons will swipe in and out of the facility in order to allow for accurate patron counts and control of capacities.
- The following time limits will be imposed in order to serve as many patrons as possible:
- 1 hour max total workout
- 30 mins per cardio station
- 10 mins at each selectorized station
- 20 mins at each powerlift station
- Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility.
- The following areas will be closed for the semester:
- Locker Rooms – please bring only the items that can stay with you throughout your workout.
- Basketball Courts
- Racquetball Courts
- Climbing Wall
- Keystone Hall Pool
- There will be no equipment checkout available.
- No new memberships or guest passes to the Student Recreation Center will be sold this semester in order to prioritize the limited use for our enrolled students and existing patrons.
- The Student Recreation Center will adjust policies to remain in compliance with current CDC, State of Pennsylvania and Kutztown University guidelines.
There will be no traditional intramural events sponsored. Virtual options will be explored.
Recreation and sports clubs will not compete outside of Kutztown University or attend events off-campus. Further information regarding practices and meetings will be forthcoming.
Information regarding student fees and billing for the fall semester can be found online.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or 484-646-4202.