Bookmark and Share

Non-Degree Enrollment

Advant*Age Program

Tuition Waiver Policy for Retired Persons

Register for courses through the Office of the Registrar:

Phone:  610-683-1323


On a space-available basis and at the discretion of the University President, Kutztown University will offer undergraduate and graduate courses tuition-free to retired Pennsylvania residents, pending appropriate documentation (e.g., retirement check stub, letter from employer verifying retirement status, etc.). KU's program, called Advant*Age, makes it possible for retired persons to enroll in courses in a variety of academic areas and earn college credits at no cost. All courses are graded, but students can also Audit courses by completing the Permit to Audit Form. Advant*Age students can take individual courses of interest, or pursue Bachelor's or Master's degrees in majors in the liberal arts and science, education, business and the visual and performing arts.

Non-Degree Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate Non-Matriculated Student Registration Form (PDF)

Prospective Non-Degree Undergraduate Students are not required to take Admissions examinations of any type, nor are they required to be high school graduates to register for courses in Non-Degree status. However, admission to coursework at the university does not mean admission to a degree program.

Non-Degree status students are limited to a maximum of twenty one (21) credit hours, with no more than nine (9) credit hours in a given semester. These twenty one (21) credit hours include any course that is repeated.

Those wishing to matriculate (be admitted to a regular degree program of the university) are now required either to possess a high school diploma (or the GED) or to have completed a total of sixty (60) college semester credit hours approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education before making application to the university's Office of Admissions.

Students interested in taking coursework without seeking a degree should apply through the Office of the Registrar.

Berks County Consortium

Berks County Cross-Registration Form (PDF) 

Students currently enrolled in one of the Berks County colleges or universities who plan to take a course at KU through cross-registration. Visit the Registrar's Office at your school for details.

Professional Credit Status

The Professional Credit option gives students who hold a bachelor's degree the opportunity to take courses in non-degree status. This can be done for several reasons. Students can establish a graduate GPA as a Professional Credit student if the undergraduate GPA does not meet admission standards. Professional Credit courses can be transferred into other institutions in most cases. There is a limit to the number of Professional Credit courses that can transfer into an academic program. Kutztown University's limit is nine credits (three courses). Students must have a B or better to transfer Professional Credit courses into a degree program. Professional Credit courses are not eligible for financial aid and must be paid for out of pocket or by an employer.

Please click the following link to be directed to Graduate Admissions.

Special Enrollment Programs for High School Students

High school students wishing to take college-level classes at Kutztown University concurrently with their high school coursework should contact the Office of the Registrar:

Phone: 610-683-1323


The Early Admission Program (which replaces a student's senior year in high school) is also available to academically qualified students. Requirements include parental approval, the recommendation and approval of the superintendent and principal, a list of courses which will qualify the student for high school graduation, completion of the undergraduate application for admission, and a $35 application fee. The SAT and ACT should be completed and scores sent to the university. (Kutztown University's code numbers are SAT 2653 and ACT 3706.)
An official copy of the high school transcript must be sent as well. Click here for our mailing address and contact information.

PASSHE Visiting Students

PASSHE Application for Visiting Student Status (PDF)

This classification applies to a student who is enrolled at another PASSHE institution (one of the 14 state universities of Pennsylvania) and wishes to take courses at Kutztown University. Visiting students are required to submit a Visiting Student Application available in the Office of the Registrar.

Registrar Office Hours

Regular Semester Hours

Monday-Friday | 8:00am-4:30pm

Summer Hours

Monday-Friday | 8:00am-4:00pm


email |

phone | 610.683.4485

fax | 610.683.1586