Success in international trade requires preparation and planning. For companies in our service region of Pennsylvania, we created the following international trade tools to assist in preparing you to enter overseas markets and for an initial consultation with a trade specialist of the Kutztown University Small Business Development Center.
Click Here for access to the Exporting Frequently Asked Questions.
Click Here for access to the Importing Frequently Asked Questions.
Thank you for taking time to review this information. We welcome your comments and feedback on this material.
International Trade Consulting
Your business can benefit from importing and exporting through increased sales and profits. Kutztown University's SBDC provides international trade consulting to ease your transition into the global marketplace. We'll help you:
- Assess your company's strengths and weaknesses
- Determine your export readiness
- Develop an export marketing plan
- Identify target markets and competitors
- Decide how and where to sell your good and services
- Find specific buyers or access assistance from Pennsylvania's overseas trade offices
International Trade opens up a whole new world of opportunities, but also requires special expertise to succeed. There are many additional ways the SBDC can help prepare you:
- Obtain global market research
- Answer specific trade-related questions
- Train staff for global marketing
- Identify product codes for imports and exports
- Negotiate with overseas prospects
- Contact freight forwarders, attorney, bankers and translators
- Mitigate cross border risks
- Develop an international marketing plan
- Identify solid potential customers
- Access domestic and international trade shows
- Fully utilize US and PA export assistance programs
- Develop strategies for joint ventures and international partnerships
The Kutztown SBDC is partially funded by a grant from the Department of Community & Economic Development and by the U.S. Small Business Administration under Cooperative Agreement No. 4-603001-Z-0040-24. The support given by the U.S. Small Business Administration through such funding does not constitute an express or implied endorsement of any of the cosponsor(s)’ or participants’ opinions, findings, conclusions, recommendations, products, or services.
Funding support and resources are provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Department of Community & Economic Development; through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration; and in part through support from Kutztown University. All services are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Special arrangements for persons with disabilities can be made by calling 215-204-7282. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. SBDC services are not available to individuals or entities that have been debarred or suspended by the federal government. By agreeing to receive assistance from the SBDC you are self-certifying that you are not currently federally debarred or suspended and also agree to cease using SBDC services if you become federally debarred or suspended in the future.
All SBDC programs are non-discriminatory and open to the public. Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made if requested, at least two weeks in advance. Contact the Kutztown SBDC at Old Main - Room 27 - F Wing, 15219 Kutztown Rd, Kutztown, PA 19530, (484)-646-5937.
The Kutztown University SBDC is a member of the network of Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers and the National Association of Small Business Development Centers.