ITCCA Assessment Information
ITCCA scores are entered into myKU every Friday during advising and open enrollment periods.
Click here to log in to the ITCCA. Log in with your student ID number and the password ITCCAlogin.
The Business Information Technology Concepts and Computer Applications Assessment (ITCCA) is required for all students who have not already taken CSC 010/CSC 101 or it's equivalent at another college. Otherwise, Students must take and pass the ITCCA prior to registering for BUS 275: Business Data Management and Information Systems and several other required courses. The assessment should be taken by freshman and transfer students the first semester they enroll, prior to the advising period.
- Please use Firefox or Chrome, do NOT use Safari.
- The ITCCA assessment generally takes students one to two hours to complete.
- Mac users will need alternative keyboard shortcuts and a work around to prevent this from overriding Word shortcuts please find a complete list and instructions to elimiate the override here.
- There are questions of general IT knowledge, as well as hands-on simulation tests for Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. A passing score is 70% or better.
- Students have three opportunities to take the assessment. If a student does not pass after three tries, they are required to take CSC 101 or some other information technology course before registering for BUS 275.
- If you have any questions please contact your advisor.
Log In Instructions
- Use either Chrome or Firefox browsers (do not use Microsoft Edge)
- Use your Kutztown University student ID number and the password ITCCAlogin
- If you are having trouble logging in please contact Arian Hungaski at 610-683-4580 or email@example.com. Please include your student ID number in your email.
- Upon logging in, if you receive the message "You are not enrolled in any active courses", email Arian Hungaski at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be enrolled. Please include your student ID number in your email.
Pathways for Success
There are several pathways to learn the material necessary to take this assessment.
- If you are already very familiar with Information Technology and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, & Excel, as well as Pearson’s MyLAB IT simulations, go ahead and log in to take the ITCCA assessment.
- If you are relatively familiar with Information Technology and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, & Excel, but aren't sure you know enough, or are not familiar MyLab IT simulations, log in to use the Pre-assessment Resources to go over all the topics that will be in the assessment and learn how the simulation works. The Word Simulation, Powerpoint Simulation, and Excel Simulation are especially helpful to get you familiar with the simulation environment and give yourself the best chance of passing the first time.
- If you take the ITCCA assessment and pass (get a 70%), you have completed this part of the prerequisite for BUS 275. Your ITCCA assessment score will be transferred to myKU so that you can register for BUS275 in the future. (You must also pass MAT105 or higher in order to register for BUS 275).
- If you take the ITCCA assessment the first time and fail, you must go through the refresher tutorials before you can take a second attempt.
- If you take the ITCCA assessment a second time and fail, you must go through the in-depth tutorials before you can take a third attempt.
- If you take the ITCCA assessment a third and final time, and still fail, you must take an introductory course such as CSC 101 before you can register for BUS 275.
If you have any questions or concerns contact your advisor.