Applying / Admissions Requirements
Am I Eligible to Apply?
To be considered for admission to the Ed.D. Program, an applicant must have:
- A Master's (or specialist) degree in Education or a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a minimum graduate GPA of 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Significant educational experience
- Preferred full or part-time employment in an educational setting
A complete application must include the following items:
- Submission of online application for admission to the Graduate School at KU (click here for link to online application)
- Letter (1000 words maximum) describing the candidate's educational background, professional goals and aspirations, and how this particular program can facilitate meeting their goals
- Professional vitae (including educational background, employment history, awards, and accomplishments)
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses and degrees
- A minimum of three (and maximum of five) names and contact information from professional references who can speak to your potential for success in doctoral studies
- Instructional Situation Account (500 words) that answers the following questions:
- Think of a significant event that involved you in a leadership/teaching/learning role with one or more people. The event you describe should be one that has personal meaning to you (something that interested you, something that made you wonder, something that made you feel good, something that didn't work out as you had hoped, etc.) Describe the situation as it occurred at the time and include as much detail as possible when answering the following questions:
What did you do in that particular situation?
- How did you feel about the situation at the time you were experiencing it?
- How do you feel about the situation now?
- What would you change, if anything?
How Do I Apply?
Cohorts begin in Fall semesters only. Please direct questions about enrollment timelines to email@example.com. Direct questions regarding admissions to Kelly Hish in Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-683-4190. All materials for admission must be submitted to KU's Office of Graduate Admissions.
After a thorough review of the completed application materials, the admissions committee will select applicants to be interviewed. Group interviews will take place at times that accommodate working applicants. Following the interviews, the committee will review all available data to assess the fit and overall potential of the applicant for success in the program before making a final offer for admission. Applicants will be notified of decisions via e-mail.
How Can I Receive More Information?