Student Awards Criteria
• To be considered for an award, students must apply by filling out the application form on the next page to the best of their knowledge. You do not need to specify a specific award. All award recipients will be considered accordingly by a faculty committee based on your achievements. Any section that does not apply to you can simply be marked as N/A.
• Only graduating seniors are eligible for awards, which are given each December and May.
• To be considered for an award, please complete the application form and email it along with your current resume to Dr. Best by the 25th of March (for Spring awards) or by the 15th of November (for Fall awards). Please put "Senior Awards Application" in the email subject line.
• Awards will be determined by a faculty committee with results emailed. Formal awards will be presented to students at the annual Psi Chi Induction & Senior Awards Banquet, which is scheduled every Spring. All award recipients will be listed in the Fall Kutztown Graduation Program.
For more information about these awards, the specific requirements, and how to apply, please download application here.
The Psychology Department offers the following awards to graduation seniors:
|Award Name:||Criteria for Consideration:|
(*Only in Spring*)
Criteria, in order of importance:
1. Admitted to a graduate program--or genuinely expecting to be admitted.
2. Quality and quantity of research completed and/or ongoing
3. Personal characteristics and work habits likely to lead to success in graduate school.
4. Quality point average in psychology and overall.
|Psi Chi Model Student Award||Psi Chi member who best exemplifies Psi Chi's twin ideals of scholarship and
|Scientist/Practitioner Award||Excellence in both research and fieldwork.|
|Field Experience Award||Excellence in field and internship experience.|
|Academic Achievement Award||Highest GPA (considering/including courses taken at other universities)|
|Student Leadership Award||Leadership in department activities and psychology organizations (Psych Club, Psi Chi) and leadership in other on- or off- campus organizations.|
|Research Award||Excellence in research projects, including research experiences as faculty research assistants.|
|Independent Research Award||Excellence in research projects conducted independently from a classroom experience or faculty research project.|