NAEA Student Chapter
National Art Education Association (NAEA) is a professional organization for future, current, and retired art teachers. The National Student Chapter was founded in 1947 and now serves the needs of Art Education majors in accredited colleges and universities throughout the United States and Canada.
At Kutztown University, the student chapter of the National Art Education Association is here to strengthen Art Education students' skills in teaching. NAEA gives members a chance to practice the art of teaching in our Friday Night events, learn about problems and solutions in teaching through Mishaps and Mayhem events, as well as get more inside information on what it will take to become an effective art teacher.
Our chapter is run by an elected board of officers (E-Board) that consists of Past President, President, President Elect, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian, Public Relations, and Webmaster. We also have two faculty advisors and, of course, our active and distinguished members.
If you'd like to contact the E-Board about joining or share any ideas, your email is always welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What activities do we do?
- Hold Friday night programs for elementary children: Funky Art Friday.
- Listen to art teachers’ experiences at Mishaps and Mayhem events.
- Help at KU’s Art Education Conferences.
- Listen to student teachers speak about their experiences in the classroom.
- “Professional Artist/Educator Workshops” where we learn how to put together a professional portfolio and have demos on taking digital slides.
- Represent Kutztown University NAEA at both the NAEA and PAEA conferences.
How do I join?
Just come to our first members meeting this semester.
We meet in Sharadin 111 every other Tuesday at 11 AM or 5 PM.