Bookmark and Share


I submitted my application.  What's next?

You will need to send all supporting documents to the Graduate Admissions Office by the deadline that corresponds to the semester you have selected.  After all supporting documents have been received, your application will be sent to the faculty review committee.  The decision will be communicated to you via email.

How should I send my application materials?

Your official transcripts must be sent directly from the institution where you received the degree.  They must be sealed.  We will also need your official test scores directly from the testing agency (if the program requires a test).  Other application materials will be accepted via email, mail, or fax.  Letters of recommendation must come directly from the person who wrote the letter. 

I graduated from Kutztown University.  Should I still request that my transcript be sent?

We can pull your Kutztown University transcript.  If you took classes at a different institution after you graduated from Kutztown University, you will need to send those transcripts to us.

What is "Professional Credit" status?

The Professional Credit option gives students the opportunity to take courses in non-degree status.  This can be done for several reasons.  Students can establish a graduate GPA as a Professional Credit student if the undergraduate GPA does not meet admission standards.  Professional Credit courses can be transferred into other institutions in most cases.  There is a limit to the number of Professional Credit courses that can transfer into an academic program.  Kutztown University's limit is nine credits (three courses).  Students must have a B or better to transfer Professional Credit courses into a degree program.  Professional Credit courses are not eligible for financial aid and must be paid for out of pocket or by an employer. 

How can I apply for a Graduate Assistantship?

Graduate Assistantships cover the cost of tuition and provide a yearly stipend of $7,500.00.  There are a limited number of Graduate Assistantships available at Kutztown University.  Those who are interested must submit the Graduate Assistantship  application and resume.  Additionally, it is recommended that those who are interested in Graduate Assistantships contact the department on campus where they are interested in working to determine whether positions will be open. 

How can I obtain graduate financial aid?

Financial aid at the graduate level is limited to student loans and Graduate Assistantships.  Students must be enrolled at least half-time (six credits) to apply for a student loan, and full-time (nine credits) to apply for a graduate assistantship. More information about financial aid. Students may pursue outside scholarships on their own if they choose (visit for listings), and any scholarships that are awarded can be applied to tuition at Kutztown University.  Graduate students can apply for a student loan using the FAFSA, which can be found at

How can I defer payment to my employer?

Some employers offer tuition reimbursement as a benefit. In order to defer payment to your employer, you must first contact the Human Resources Department at your place of employment to discuss the procedure on their end. You will then need to fill out the form on the Kutztown University Office of Student Accounts.

Who should I contact if I am having trouble logging into myKU or email?

If you are unable to log into your myKU account or student email, you can contact the IT Help Desk at (610) 683-1511 or email You can also visit Resources for KU Students for some helpful tips on using myKU.

How can I secure housing if I am interested in living on campus?

Full-time graduate students have the option of living on campus if they choose to do so. Graduate student housing is located in Dixon Hall, a building that contains suite-style living facilities. In order to secure housing, students must contact the Housing Office directly at (610) 683-4027.

Do I have access to the shuttle bus?

Yes. Graduate students may ride the campus shuttle bus with a valid KU ID. The drop-off and pick-up locations can be found at  Kutztown Shuttle Bus Service

Is there an organization that represents graduate students at Kutztown University?

The Graduate Student Association (GSA) is the representative body for graduate students at KU. It is the graduate students' voice in the college community. The GSA sponsors activities and seminars on campus for graduate students.