KU Pell Promise
Beginning in the Fall 2022 for newly accepted students, the KU Pell Promise scholarship covers the entire cost of your tuition and mandatory fees* after your federal grants (Pell and SEOG) and PA State grants as well as some institutional scholarships that have been awarded.
- Be admitted into an undergraduate program for your first bachelor’s degree
- Be classified as a Pennsylvania resident; and qualify for in-state tuition
- Be eligible for Pell Grant and PA State Grant (state application required)
- Be an incoming freshman with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale), or an incoming transfer with a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above
- Be enrolled full-time at the end of the drop/add period each semester
You can receive the scholarship for eight consecutive semesters for new students (six semesters for transfer students) if at the end of each academic year you earn at least 24 new credits with a 2.5 or higher GPA. You must file the FAFSA every year and remain Pell and PA State grant eligible in order to renew the KU Pell Promise.
How do I apply?
You are automatically considered when you apply to KU and submit a completed, processed FAFSA to KU.
Already accepted to KU?
Check out our Accepted Students page
Contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
*This does not refer to fees related to housing, meal plan, advanced registration deposit, first time student programs/services, and special programs.