Bookmark and Share

Viewing Your Bills

Kutztown University sends email notifications of monthly activity in MyKU to student KU email accounts only.  Paper bills (invoices) are not mailed.  Below we share steps to view bills and other common concerns.  View a sample bill. 

  • Bills are similar to a credit card statement - including prior balance, current activity and new balance due - we don't charge interest - late fees may apply!
  • Charges are assigned a due date and these are reflected in MyKU.  The assigned due date supersedes any invoice assigned due date. 

Log into MyKU > click on the KU Financial Account tile > Click on the View Bills button on the left

  • Bill history will show in a chart
  • Click on Bill Number for charges on that bill only
  • Click on View Bill (right side) to see the pdf bill that has the KU logo and schedule with it
    • If this bill doesn't open - you have a pop-up blocker prohibiting it from opening - ALWAYS allow pop-ups from

Semester Billing - Fall & Spring

The following 2 items must be completed by the Due Date to secure enrollment. 

  1. Intent to Attend (only after billing is processed), AND
  2. Payment - prior session or semester balances will not be covered by current aid
    • It is possible that your Pending/Authorized Aid appears and is enough to cover all charges due, this would show the Total Due for that semester as 0.00.
    • If the Pending/Authorized Aid is not enough - the Total Due will show an amount and this must be paid by the due date.  This Total Due:
      • can be paid in full on MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Click on Make a Payment button
      • can be paid with a payment plan on MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Click on Payment Plan Signup/ Pay (payments for the plan must be paid here as well)
      • can be paid with additional loans but they must show as Pending/Authorized Aid in MyKU by the due date to avoid late fees or course removals (allow 2 weeks for loans to be added to MyKU from the date of final approval)
    • Classes Safe positive hold - this would be added to the positive holds area if you have a Payment Plan for the sufficient amount OR you have supplied proof of a 529 payment en route OR Financial Aid has supplied support of aid not yet added OR you have an approved Employer Reimbursement Deferment.
    • Pending Funds positive hold - this is just a note that you ahve some funding pending arrival (similar reasons above) but it is not sufficeint to cover the full Total Due.

Please note: If you don't see any aid listed, we are not considering any.  We encourage you to speak to Financial Aid directly regarding financial aid matters.  Do not assume you have Financial Aid just because you had in the past or it was awarded - you must see it showing as pending aid and ensure your Total Due is resolved by the due date. Awarded aid is not considered pending or anticipated.

Session Billing - Winter & Summer

The following 1 item must be completed by the Due Date assigned to the charges in MyKU to secure enrollment.  Note - you may not have a bill for your charges that are due.  If one is required or needed, please email us.

  • Payment (if sufficient arrangements are in place, you will see a Classes Safe in the positive Holds securing your schedule from removal).  If your Pending Aid showing in MyKU is sufficient to cover your charges, Classes Safe will not be necessary.
    • Prior session or semester balances will not be covered by current aid.

What is the Intent to Attend?

This item allows you to indicate you are confirming you are still coming to KU.  This item is located on the MyKU splash page and is a double sized tile.  Check the No to a YES and click SAVE.

This enables KU to report your enrollment and for any aid to be received and disburse after attendance has been verified.  All students must do this along with payment to secure their schedule.  The Intent to Attend is only used in the Fall and Spring semesters.  It is only visible after billing has been processed.  Once this tile is completed, it will no longer show on your MyKU screen.  Failure to complete this item may result in the loss of your schedule.

Common Topics of Concern and Where to Turn

Financial Aid - If you don't see the Financial Aid you expected to see on your bill, this could be because of a late loan application, late FAFSA completion, non-completion of Entrance Counseling or MPN's, loss of FA eligibility, or verification documents are still outstanding.

The Office of Student Accounts cannot secure your schedule or room assignment because you are working on loan matters. Financial Aid Services may be able to help but ONLY if the loan is finalized, approved and been sent to KU for certification.  ALL Financial Aid matters are handled by the Financial Aid office.  To contact Financial Aid, call 610-683-4077 or e-mail  Remember that during peak times, email responses may be up to 72 business hours.

  • Entrance Counseling and MPN's are completed at Students use their own FSA ID to do so.
  • Parent PLUS Loan applications and Parent PLUS MPN's are completed at the same site under Parent Borrowers - by the parent's using the parent's FSA ID (not the students).

TAP/529 - If you have a TAP/529 account, please print your invoice (or save the pdf) and submit like you normally do (upload online for quicker processing). Provide the Office of Student Accounts with proof of that request submission (confirmation page) so that we can defer that portion of your account while that payment is processed, as we do understand it can take a few weeks to be sent. Please scan and email this proof, or fax it to us at 610-683-4674.

Payment Plans - We have a payment plan process that is easy to use and posts right away!  You will love it!  Please check out our webpage FIRST before signing up and making payments.  All sign ups and payments must be made on the Payment Plan Dashboard to be counted as a plan or plan payment.

Military - You must provide proof of your benefit and contact the Office of Student Accounts every semester. Since benefits do expire and can be exhausted, we cannot transfer exemptions from term to term.  We will add military benefits we can consider as courtesy credits.  Only military funding that comes to KU directly can be considered.  You must have supplied the appropriate documentation AND completed your Veterans Enrollment Certification Form in the Registrar's Office for this to occur.

Employer Reimbursement - Follow the link or contact us today. Must submit all required items by the due date and have an account in good standing to be eligible.  Those with prior collections actions will be denied this option.

Prior Term Debts:

Prior term debts, such as residence hall damages, health center visits or ID fees MUST be paid by you.  Current Financial aid will NOT pay a prior term, or session balance, per federal regulations.  For future incidental charges within the term, you may be able to use your Financial Aid to cover them if you Grant Permissions to us to do so.  See our site for the steps to do this.


Related link: payment options

Online Payment Error Help - with many browsers out there, this list of help can change - check here for simply ways to help online access and payments.