About the Office of Student Accounts
Summer Registration starts March 20th - charges are due within 7 days of the date of registration.
The Office of Student Accounts (OSA) is responsible for tuition assessment, invoicing of charges, accepting payments, disbursing aid released from Financial Aid, processing deferment requests received, collections management and more that is reflective on your MyKU Student Account. Some common items are below.
EXTENDED HOURS - The OSA is pleased to offer extra hours during the first two weeks of the semester. Excluding holidays and Fridays, the OSA will remain open until 5:30 p.m. Also to assist you the Financial Aid office, and the Registrar's Offices will be open as well.
OFFICE CLOSURE - The OSA will be closed for team meetings, training and development from 8:00-9:30 a.m. on Fridays. A drop slot is on the wall for any payments to be delivered during this time (you may also drop off Financial Aid paperwork in this slot as well if needed). If you have an urgent need or concern that requires immediate assistance, please email us at email@example.com for a response shortly after the meeting. Otherwise we look forward to helping you after 9:30am. Thank you for your patience, and for allowing us to serve your needs after these meetings and trainings.
- Making Payments - We accept a variety of payment methods online, by mail and in person.
- Payment plans - Tuition Pay by Higher One
- Online tuition invoicing in MyKU (Tuition, required fees, housing, meals and more)
- Includes misc. items such as replacement ID costs, health center visits, parking fines and more.
- FERPA / Authorization to Access Student Records - Complete this document allowing us permission to speak to those you indicate regarding your account. Turn this completed document in to the Registrar's Office each summer for the upcoming academic year.
- Collections management - letters, AG office placement and outside agencies.
- Deferment postings - Employer Reimbursement, Military, Scholarship options may be available.
- Scholarship entry and deposits - Outside local scholarship award letters should be shared with our office each semester, checks can be sent to us.
- Fall award letters should be sent by July 1st
- Spring award letters shoud be sent by Nov 1st
- CAN be submitted later, but these are encouraged to show the courtesy item on the invoice
- Adding Bear Bucks & Flex Dollars to ID cards
- Purchase Items tab in MyKU - choose the item, quantity, then make payment.
- Perkins Loan repayment / consolidation inquiries - Additional information can be found here.
If you are looking for assistance in funding your Kutztown University educational experience, the Financial Aid Office will be glad to review your options with you regarding loans, grants and scholarships. FAFSA priority deadline is March 1 of each year, but the FAFSA can be completed after this date. Please discuss your financial aid matters with the Financial Aid Office directly.
- Stafford Loans - complete the FAFSA & at www.studentloans.gov the student completes Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Parent PLUS Loans - Parent logs into www.studentloans.gov with their FSA ID & password and applies under Parent Borrowers
- Denials may increase Unsubsidized Student Stafford loans in students name, if student is eligible for federal aid
- Approvals require the MPN to be signed by the parent using their FAS ID under Parent Borrowers
- Alternative loans - Loans in a students name, in which they often need a credit worthy co-signer - pretty attractive interest rates these days - review lenders and apply at www.elmselect.com
- Perkins Loans
- PELL grants
- PHEAA grants
- SEOG grants
- Various grants and scholarships
Fall & Spring Semester Hours:
Monday thru Friday - 8 to 4:30 p.m.
We are OPEN during lunch
Monday thru Friday - 8 to 4:00 p.m.
We are OPEN during lunch
** Special Appointment times may be available outside of the above hours of operation in certain circumstances and based on availability of staff.