Bookmark and Share

Summer Session Payment Needs

Summer Session enrollment at KU is handled differently than Fall and Spring semesters.  Payment is due just after you register.  Payment is defined as payment in full to KU directly, payment plan set up in good standing with Tuition Pay, Summer Aid Application submitted (and payment made when determination made), 529 proof submitted of request being made to plan, or waiver posted (with payment of non-covered items posted).  Enrollments will be removed weekly.  Lastly we ask that you kindly remove enrollments if you decide to not attend to open the seat for another student who may need it.

**ALERT** - Payment due within 7 days of registration.  Enrollments will be removed weekly.

After registering:

  1. Pay your bill in full online in MyKU (in the Office of Student Accounts or by mail (must arrive and post by due date)).
  2. Payment Plan - Sign up for the payment plan with Tuition Pay by Higher One
    1. Summer Plan opens March 15 and closes July 11
    2. Cost $35.00 - pay Tuition Pay
      1. Do NOT make payment plan payments to Kutztown University directly
    3. Due dates are 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1- all payments are paid to Tuition Pay, NOT KU
  3. Financial Aid - Complete a Summer Aid Application if interested - turn it into the Financial Aid Office with a sense of urgency!
    1. Summer aid eligibility is determined by many factors, for example: was all aid used in Fall and Spring terms, number of credits enrolled, financial aid progress and more!
    2. Aid is disbursed only when the credit that meets the eligibility starts (disbursement could occur in Summer 2 in some cases).


You can contact the Office of Student Accounts multiple ways (checks made payable to Kutztown University):

Kutztown University
Office of Student Accounts
PO Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530

How will I know my summer aid package?

If a student used all of their 2016/2017 aid during the Fall and Spring semesters, determination can be made quickly.  Summer aid cannot be confirmed until a student's Spring 2017 grades are posted if some of the years aid wasn't used.  These grades are necessary to determine Financial Aid eligibility, as the student must still be making financial aid progress (completed vs. attempted credits, progress and GPA) in order to receive aid in the summer.  If you have concerns on your eligibility, you can discuss them with the Financial Aid office.  Call 610-683-4077 to contact Financial Aid. 

If you are NOT eligible for Financial Aid, you will need to pay us directly in full, sign up for the payment plan with Tuition Pay, or investigate Alternative Loans.  Alternative Loan processing time can be quite lengthy, we highly encourage you to apply immediately (this process can take up to 2-4 weeks).  Some alternative loans have minimum GPA requirements, please be mindful of this.

When will my summer aid be disbursed to my account and/or refunded?

Summer aid is processed a bit differently than aid during the academic year.  If your Final Determination shows you are getting Stafford loans, when we actually get those loans is determined by when you reach the 6th credit that makes you eligible for them (remember, to receive Stafford loans you have to take a minimum of 6 credits).  For example, if you are taking 3 credits in Summer session 1 and 3 credits in Summer session 2, the 6th credit that makes you eligible for Stafford loans in session 2, and that is when your loans would disburse - not before.  Plan accordingly for book expenses.  No refunds from overpayment on your account can be issued until your account is actually in overpayment status and the aid has disbursed.

Alternative Loans will disburse no sooner than 3 days after the Drop Add period concludes for the term the loan is covering (discuss in detail with Fin Aid if you are taking courses in Summer 1 and Summer 2 as to when the loan will disburse).  Please plan for book and course expenses.

I have more questions regarding Summer Aid - where can I look?

The Summer Financial Aid webpage is helpful, or you can call 610-683-4077, or e-mail, for additional guidance and direction.

I am not a KU student, but taking a summer class and want to use financial aid, what do I do?

Welcome to KU!  We are glad you are spending some of your summer with us! 

PASSHE students - If you are using aid at your HOME school, please obtain proof from your Financial Aid office showing your summer aid potential.  there may be documents you need to complete with them about your attendance at KU.  Do this as early as possible so that there is time to process aid needs whether you are using federal aid or alternative loans.  You may also want to use the payment plan option with Tuition Pay to tide you until the aid can process and refund to you from your HOME school.  Contact us for more info.

Non-PASSHE students - At your HOME school, you will need to work with them regarding any eligibility you may have.  You can apply for an alternative loan during the summer as well through your HOME school.  Since we cannot confirm or verify your aid at your HOME school, we would encourage you to use the payment plan opportunity to allow you more time to have your aid processed at your HOME school, refund you and then pay the plan off when you get your funding.  We are willing to discuss options with you, contact us!