Health Update for KU Campus
There are NO confirmed cases of COVID-19 on campus.
Health and Wellness Services has protocols in place for identifying, testing and isolating potential cases, and will take necessary action on campus property consistent with established health and safety practices.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has protocols for testing, announcing and advising cases — including contact tracing — along with individuals’ healthcare professionals. It is up to public health authorities to determine what information is shared publicly in the interest of public health, and in accordance with relevant privacy requirements.
As a proactive measure to keep our campus community as healthy as possible, we are asking for your help to ensure the good health of all students and employees.
Please self-report for any one of the following situations:
You have been asked to quarantine due to exposure to a person who is positive for COVID-19.
You have been diagnosed with, or tested positive for COVID-19.
How to Self-Report
- A process is being developed in consultation with Enrollment Management and Student Affairs including Health and Wellness Services.
- An update and additional information will be shared when available.
- This information will be confidentially managed ensuring only those with a need to know are informed.
For a student, generally those with a need to know are the student’s faculty, dean and certain members of administration.
- A process is being developed in consultation with Human Resources and Health and Wellness Services.
- This information will be confidentially managed, ensuring only those with a need to know are informed.
- You can help by not engaging others who do not have a need to know, and by refraining from open dialogue or discussion about individual employee medical status.
- For employees, generally those with a need to know are an employee’s supervisor, certain members of the administration, and Human Resources.
The university will take reasonable precautions to protect health information, pursuant to all applicable laws and statutes, including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.