Kutztown University strongly encourages members of its campus community to get vaccinated. While the university does not currently have the legal authority to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine of its students and employees, the COVID-19 vaccine is an important tool to help us end the pandemic and return to a primarily face-to-face environment for the fall semester.
Use www.vaccines.gov to find a location near you, then call or visit their website to make an appointment.
There are three locations in Kutztown currently distributing the vaccine: Rite Aid (23 North Elm St.), Weis Pharmacy (15260-2 Kutztown Rd.) and CVS Pharmacy (45 Constitution Blvd.). Click the links above to schedule an appointment.
In addition, Kutztown University will host on-campus vaccine clinics this fall (details below).
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) has appointments available. The easiest and fastest way to make an appointment is through MyLVHN. If you do not have a MyLVHN account, you can make an appointment on this website. If you don't have access to technology, call 833-584-6283 (833-LVHN-CVD) to schedule your appointment. Please note that due to high demand and call volume, you may be on hold. The LVHN COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday-Sunday.
St. Luke's Health Network also has appointments available for the COVID-19 vaccine. Learn more and register for a MyChart account on the St. Luke's website.
The CDC has great resources detailing the benefits of getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
VACCINE CLINICS AT KU
Kutztown University will host COVID-19 vaccination clinics this fall. Clinics are free of charge and are open to students, employees and community members ages 18 and older.
KU will offer Moderna clinics for the fall semester.
Clinics will be held at the East Gym of the Student Recreation Center. Please enter the Rec Center from the doors adjacent to the Rec Center parking lot (E-2). Do not enter from the main entrance of the Rec Center. Campus Map.
Moderna Vaccine Clinic
10 a.m. to 2 p.m., East Gym of KU Student Recreation Center
- Friday, Oct. 15
Register for clinics at www.emstelemed.org.
- Click the red 'make a telemedicine/vaccine appointment' button in the upper-right corner.
- Click Kutztown University from the location drop-down menu and select an available appointment time on Oct. 15.
- Complete all requested fields and submit. Additional information and forms to complete will be sent to you via text or email once your appointment is confirmed.
- If insured under anyone other than yourself as the primary member, include insurance subscriber and date of birth in the 'Reason for Appointment' field.
- Note: if you receive an error when you enter your insurance, please type insurance information in the 'Reason for Visit' field and select 'SELFPAY' (you will not be responsible to pay for your vaccination).
Participants must bring valid photo identification and health insurance identification card, if available. Participant health insurance will not be charged. Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Participants can receive their first or second dose of the Moderna vaccine at KU clinics. Individuals who received their first dose at a different location should bring their vaccination card. Note: Moderna vaccine doses should be received at least 28 days apart.
Questions can be directed to KU's Office of University Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.