December 10, 2019
PROFESSOR HOVANEC NAMED OUTSTANDING ART EDUCATOR
Dr. Julia L. Hovanec, department chair and associate professor of Art Education at Kutztown University, has been honored as the recipient of the 2019 Outstanding Higher Education Art Educator Award from The Pennsylvania Art Education Association (PAEA). Hovanec has taught art for more than 32 years. Read More.
Bryan Salvadore, Office of Communications
Nice ‘feeling’ for a while today, but not too nice ‘looking.’ Temperatures will be well above normal in the mid to upper 50s out ahead of a strong cold front which will bring rain showers at any time throughout the day. That front comes through tonight and we might switch some of those leftover rain showers to snow showers.
Day 10 OF TWELVE DAYS OF DEALS
Today is 20% off all pet accessories in store and online at https://kubstore.com/category/apparel/collections/pet. Spend over $99 and receive a free standing bear, valued at $24.99.
KU Campus Store
PHILOSOPHY PROFESSOR PUBLISHES OP-ED
Dr. Roman Altshuler, assistant professor in the Department of Philosophy, has published an Op-Ed on the ethics of impeachment in The Prindle Post at https://www.prindlepost.org/2019/12/impeachment-as-a-means-to-an-end/.
Roman Altshuler, Department of Philosophy
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PROCEDURE
Offices and departments are responsible to submit invoices to the Office of Accounts Payable at email@example.com immediately after entering a purchase requisition or receiving the invoice. Invoice must include the purchase requisition/purchase order number, signature, date and be marked OK to pay. This procedure will ensure timely payment to our vendors and prevent unnecessary passing of paperwork between departments.
Office of Accounts Payable
TUTORING SERVICES FINALS WEEK HOURS
Tutoring Services will be open: Monday, Dec. 9, through Friday, Dec. 13; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
R. Chad Brown, Tutoring Services
Council of Trustees
Farewell Reception for Troy Weidner
Farewell Reception for Jamie Kardos
Women’s basketball v. Georgian Court
STUDENTS ATTENDING CONFERENCE
Giuliana Simmens and Angeline Digiugno will be attending the American Geophysical Union Meeting in San Francisco, California, Dec. 8-14. They will each be presenting their original research projects. Please excuse their absence from class during this time.
Erin Kraal and Jacob Sewall, Department of Physical Sciences
FAREWELL RECEPTION FOR JAMIE KARDOS
The campus community is invited to a farewell reception for Jamie Kardos, Graduate Admissions, 1-2:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 17, in 317 Stratton Administration Center. Kardos is moving on to a new job at Lehigh University. Please stop by to wish her farewell and best wishes.
Carole Wells, Office of Graduate Studies
FINALS WEEK: SPECIAL HOURS
McFarland Student Union
– Monday, Dec. 9: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
Multicultural Center: Food, fun, games and movies
– Sunday, Dec. 8: 6 p.m. to midnight - coffee, cookies, snacks.
– Monday, Dec. 9: 8 a.m. to midnight - breakfast buffet.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 8 a.m. to midnight - chicken tenders.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. - snacks.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Faith Riedel, Multicultural Center
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 11: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14, through Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
– Monday, Dec. 9: 8-9 a.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 8-9 a.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 8-9 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 8-9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 6-7 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13, through Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
Tracy Turner, Office of Recreational Services
Rohrbach Library will be operating under the following schedule for finals week:
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Thursday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
– Winter break hours begin Dec. 16: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Jennifer Tanzos, Rohrbach Library
The UWC in 100C Rohrbach Library, will be open the following times during finals:
– Sunday, Dec. 8: 2-9 p.m.
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 11: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Patricia Pytleski, University Writing Center
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by email at OCR@ed.gov.