December 11, 2019
HOLIDAY GREETINGS TO THE KUTZTOWN UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY from President Kenneth S. Hawkinson, Ann Marie Hayes-Hawkinson and “Wynnie.” To celebrate the holidays, please enjoy this animation and photograph of Old Main, by Valerie Nyby ’20 and Ilze Spilde ’20, MFA Communication Design students, and Andrew Russell, university photographer.
In the wake of last night's cold front, some residual snow showers in the morning but those will taper off by late morning. Skies gradually clear throughout the day. High temperature in the upper 30s. Winds west at 5-11 mph. New snow accumulation less than half inch.
DAY 11 OF 12 DAYS OF DEALS
Today is 20% off sweatshirts instore and online at https://kubstore.com/category/apparel/sweatshirts. Spend over $99 and receive a free standing bear, valued at $24.99.
KU Campus Store
CONGRATULATIONS TO BRYAN SALVADORE
Congratulations to Bryan Salvadore and his wife Christina on the birth of their son Austin Thomas on Sunday, Dec. 8.
FRIEND INC. HOLIDAY BOXES
Just a reminder that the Friend Inc. Holiday Boxes are due to the Community Outreach Center by Friday, Dec. 13. Please drop them off by the end of the day. If you need to have them picked up please email email@example.com or call ext. 3-4923. Thank you for your support.
Jerry Schearer, Community Outreach Center
BAGPIPE LESSONS WITH THE KUTZTOWN PIPE BAND
The Kutztown Pipe Band is offering free intro-to piping lessons during the spring semester. If you are interested in learning to play the bagpipes, or if you already know how to play pipes or drums and would like to participate in the band, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Laura Sherrod, Kutztown Pipe Band
BLACK HISTORY MONTH / WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH
Is your department, office, class or student organization doing something for Black History Month or Women's History Month? Please let us know so we can cross promote events through a common listing of events. Please send your event details or questions to email@example.com by Monday, Jan. 6. Thank you.
Jerry Schearer, Office of Inclusion and Outreach
ATTENTION AFSCME ESSENTIAL MEMBERS
The executive board hopes that you are in receipt of your “essential snack” bag. If not please contact a member on the board so we can arrange pick up. Please be aware that we will be refilling the bags in the Spring 2020 semester. Please return your bag when empty to one of the executive board members by Jan. 31, 2020. Be sure to include your name with the bag. We appreciate all that you do to keep Kutztown University running smoothly on snow emergency days.
Christina Ferris, AFSCME 2234
Council of Trustees
Farewell Reception for Troy Weidner
Farewell Reception for Jamie Kardos
Women’s basketball v. Georgian Court
FAREWELL RECEPTION FOR TROY WEIDNER
Please join us in wishing a fond farewell to Troy Weidner, classroom technology manager, as he retires from Kutztown University with more than 34 years of service. A reception in his honor will be held 2-4 p.m., Friday, Dec. 13, in 317 Stratton Administration Center.
Troy Vingom, Office of Information Technology and Distance Education
FINALS WEEK: SPECIAL HOURS
McFarland Student Union
– Monday, Dec. 9: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
Multicultural Center: Food, fun, games and movies
– Sunday, Dec. 8: 6 p.m. to midnight - coffee, cookies, snacks.
– Monday, Dec. 9: 8 a.m. to midnight - breakfast buffet.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 8 a.m. to midnight - chicken tenders.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. - snacks.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Faith Riedel, Multicultural Center
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 11: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14, through Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
– Monday, Dec. 9: 8-9 a.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 8-9 a.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 8-9 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 8-9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 6-7 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13, through Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
Tracy Turner, Office of Recreational Services
Rohrbach Library will be operating under the following schedule for finals week:
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Thursday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
– Winter break hours begin Dec. 16: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Jennifer Tanzos, Rohrbach Library
The UWC in 100C Rohrbach Library, will be open the following times during finals:
– Sunday, Dec. 8: 2-9 p.m.
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 11: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Patricia Pytleski, University Writing Center
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Friday, Dec. 13; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
R. Chad Brown, Tutoring Services
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by email at OCR@ed.gov.