December 12, 2019
KUDOS: VETERANS SERVICES
The latest edition of KUDOS, Kutztown University’s Dedication to Outstanding Service, highlights the Office of Veterans Services, supporting KU's veterans and military-affiliated students, faculty and staff. Read and Watch.
Bryan Salvadore, Office of Communications
Sunny, with a high near 35. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
DAY 12 OF 12 DAYS OF DEALS
Today is 15% off alumni and diploma frames instore and online at https://kubstore.com/category/apparel/collections/alumni. Spend over $99 and receive a free standing bear, valued at $24.99.
KU Campus Store
PROFILE PHOTOS/HEAD SHOTS
Faculty and staff can view and download their profile photos from a device on campus, without creating an account, at https://kutztownu.photoshelter.com/Galleries/People/Profile Pics/2019 Staff and Faculty. To view off-campus, an account will need to be created using your KU email address. To download, open the photo and click on the down-arrow symbol on the bottom right corner of the screen (see image). If you have any questions, please contact University Relations at ext. 3-4114 or 6-5839.
Tammy Wert, University Relations
WINTER BREAK HOURS: STUDENT RECREATION CENTER AND POOL
Effective Saturday, Dec. 14:
– Open Monday through Friday; 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturdays and Sundays; Closed.
The Keystone Hall Pool:
– Open Monday, Dec. 16, through Friday, Dec. 20; 8-9 a.m. and noon to 1 p.m.
– Closed Saturday, Dec. 21, though Wednesday, Jan. 1.
Exact dates and times to be determined for the remainder of winter break.
Tracy Turner, Office of Recreational Services
Council of Trustees
Farewell Reception for Troy Weidner
Farewell Reception for Jamie Kardos
Season of Light Planetarium Show
Women’s basketball v. Georgian Court
KU COUNCIL OF TRUSTEES
The KU Council of Trustees will meet 3 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12, in 250 McFarland Student Union. The public is invited to attend.
Office of the President
FRIEND INC. HOLIDAY BOXES
Just a reminder that the Friend Inc. Holiday Boxes are due to the Community Outreach Center by Friday, Dec. 13. Please drop them off by the end of the day. If you need to have them picked up please email email@example.com or call ext. 3-4923. Thank you for your support.
Jerry Schearer, Community Outreach Center
CAREER CLOSET GIVING TREE
The Kutztown University Career Closet needs donations. Please visit the Career Closet Giving Tree in the lobby of Stratton Administration Center. Take a paw and donate professional clothing. Personal donations of gift cards are also accepted. This semester we've helped more than 50 students find professional clothing for interviews and internships. Thank you for your generosity.
Jenelle Henry, Career Development Center
$150 DIRECT DEPOSIT OFFER FOR NEW PSECU MEMBERS
Faculty and staff are invited to apply for a free checking and savings account with PSECU - Pennsylvania's largest credit union. PSECU is a full-service financial institution offering money-saving products and services. For a limited time, qualifying new applicants are eligible to receive a $150 direct deposit bonus. Join by Dec. 31. Use promo code FS150. Complete rules and application are available at psecu.com/150 or stop by our center in 280 McFarland Student Union.
Kelly Ann Ryan, PSECU
FINALS WEEK: SPECIAL HOURS
McFarland Student Union
– Monday, Dec. 9: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
Multicultural Center: Food, fun, games and movies
– Sunday, Dec. 8: 6 p.m. to midnight - coffee, cookies, snacks.
– Monday, Dec. 9: 8 a.m. to midnight - breakfast buffet.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 8 a.m. to midnight - chicken tenders.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. - snacks.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Faith Riedel, Multicultural Center
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 11: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14, through Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
– Monday, Dec. 9: 8-9 a.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 8-9 a.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 8-9 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 8-9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 6-7 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13, through Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
Tracy Turner, Office of Recreational Services
Rohrbach Library will be operating under the following schedule for finals week:
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Thursday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
– Winter break hours begin Dec. 16: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Jennifer Tanzos, Rohrbach Library
The UWC in 100C Rohrbach Library, will be open the following times during finals:
– Sunday, Dec. 8: 2-9 p.m.
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 11: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Patricia Pytleski, University Writing Center
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Friday, Dec. 13; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
R. Chad Brown, Tutoring Services
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by email at OCR@ed.gov.