December 16, 2019
Day starts off quiet as low moves through our area. Snow to begin in the afternoon before a warm front swings through the region. Could see some pockets of cold surface air in the valleys leading to some ice accumulations later in the day. High temperature in the low 30s. Winds calm. Snow totals around an inch. Ice accumulation less than 0.1 inch.
FAREWELL RECEPTION FOR JAMIE KARDOS
The campus community is invited to a farewell reception for Jamie Kardos, Graduate Admissions, 1-2:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 17, in 317 Stratton Administration Center. Kardos is moving on to a new job at Lehigh University. Please stop by to wish her farewell and best wishes.
Carole Wells, Office of Graduate Studies
AFSCME 2234 JANUARY MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Attention members, our January membership meeting will be Monday, Jan. 13, 2020, in 114 Sharadin Arts Building. Due to the holiday, we are moving the meeting up by one week. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend.
Chris Ferris, Secretary AFSCME 2234
HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER HOURS
Monday, Dec. 16, though Friday, Jan. 17:
– Clinical Services: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
– Administrative Services and Health Promotions and Alcohol and Other Drug Services: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
All offices are closed, Monday, Dec. 23, through Wednesday, Jan. 1.
– On campus medical emergencies call Public Safety ext. 3-4001.
– Off campus medical emergencies call 911.
– For urgent care or non-emergency medical transportation information see our Clinical Services/Resources webpage.
– Counseling and Psychological Services: Closed Monday, Dec. 16, through Monday, Jan. 20, 2020. Mental health emergencies contact Service Access and Management, Inc. (SAM) at 877-236-4600, 610-236-0530 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Dolores Hess, Health and Wellness Services
MCFARLAND STUDENT UNION WINTER BREAK HOURS
During winter break, the McFarland Student Union will be open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Amanda Garcia, McFarland Student Union
Farewell Reception for Jamie Kardos
Season of Light Planetarium Show
WINTER BREAK HOURS: STUDENT RECREATION CENTER AND POOL
Effective Saturday, Dec. 14:
– Open Monday through Friday; 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturdays and Sundays; Closed.
Keystone Hall Pool:
– Monday, Dec. 16, through Friday, Dec. 20; 8-9 a.m. and noon to 1 p.m.
– Closed Saturday, Dec. 21, though Wednesday, Jan. 1.
– Thursday, Jan. 2, and Friday, Jan. 3; 8-9 a.m. and noon to 1 p.m.
– Monday, Jan. 6; 8-9 a.m. and noon to 1 p.m.
– Monday, Jan. 13, through Friday, Jan. 17; 8-9 a.m. and noon to 1 p.m.
Regular semester hours resume Sunday, Jan. 19.
Tracy Turner, Office of Recreational Services
ATTENTION AFSCME ESSENTIAL MEMBERS
The executive board hopes that you are in receipt of your “essential snack” bag. If not please contact a member on the board so we can arrange pick up. Please be aware that we will be refilling the bags in the Spring 2020 semester. Please return your bag when empty to one of the executive board members by Jan. 31, 2020. Be sure to include your name with the bag. We appreciate all that you do to keep Kutztown University running smoothly on snow emergency days.
Christina Ferris, AFSCME 2234
BAGPIPE LESSONS WITH THE KUTZTOWN PIPE BAND
The Kutztown Pipe Band is offering free intro-to piping lessons during the spring semester. If you are interested in learning to play the bagpipes, or if you already know how to play pipes or drums and would like to participate in the band, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Laura Sherrod, Kutztown Pipe Band
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by email at OCR@ed.gov.