December 9, 2019
BIOLOGY PROFESSOR SHARES RESEARCH
Dr. Todd Underwood, professor of Biology at Kutztown University, is taking a sabbatical at Hawk Mountain’s Acopian Center for Conservation Learning. He has studied the interactions of brood parasites and their host birds for more than 20 years. Underwood is currently preparing several papers for scientific journals, along with a manuscript detailing his collaborative work on raptor morphology with Hawk Mountain’s Dr. Laurie Goodrich and Kutztown University alumnae Chelsea Johnson. Read More.
Bryan Salvadore, Office of Communications
CAREER CLOSET GIVING TREE
The Kutztown University Career Closet needs donations. Please visit the Career Closet Giving Tree in the lobby of Stratton Administration Center. Take a paw and donate professional clothing. Personal donations of gift cards are also accepted. This semester we've helped more than 50 students find professional clothing for interviews and internships. Thank you for your generosity.
Jenelle Henry, Career Development Center
Warm front lifts through the area. Temperatures will be on the mild side but rain is expected throughout much of the day. High temperature in the low-50s. Winds south at 6-12 mph. Rainfall between 0.5-0.75 inch.
STUDENTS ATTENDING CONFERENCE
Giuliana Simmens and Angeline Digiugno will be attending the American Geophysical Union Meeting in San Francisco, California, Dec. 8-14. They will each be presenting their original research projects. Please excuse their absence from class during this time.
Erin Kraal and Jacob Sewall, Department of Physical Sciences
40% OFF PAWBUCKS SALE
Save 40% on apparel and gift. When the Golden Bears score, you score. In-store and online at https://kubstore.com/. One day only. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Kyle Rex, KU Campus Store
EDUCATION DOCTORATE PROGRAM OPEN HOUSE
The College of Education will be hosting an open house for the Education Doctorate in Transformational Teaching and Learning Program 5:30 p.m., Monday, Dec. 9, in 227/229 Beekey Education Building. For more information and to register, visit: https://www.kutztown.edu/academics/colleges-and-departments/education/departments/secondary-education/education-doctorate-in-transformational-teaching-and-learning/doctoral-program-open-house.html
Vale Deeter, Department of Secondary Education
KU COUNCIL OF TRUSTEES
The KU Council of Trustees will meet 3 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12, in 250 McFarland Student Union. The public is invited to attend.
Office of the President
FAREWELL RECEPTION FOR TROY WEIDNER
Please join us in wishing a fond farewell to Troy Weidner, classroom technology manager, as he retires from Kutztown University with more than 34 years of service. A reception in his honor will be held 2-4 p.m., Friday, Dec. 13, in 317 Stratton Administration Center.
Troy Vingom, Office of Information Technology and Distance Education
FAREWELL RECEPTION FOR JAMIE KARDOS
The campus community is invited to a farewell reception for Jamie Kardos, Graduate Admissions, 1-2:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 17, in 317 Stratton Administration Center. Kardos is moving on to a new job at Lehigh University. Please stop by to wish her farewell and best wishes.
Carole Wells, Office of Graduate Studies
FINALS WEEK: SPECIAL HOURS
McFarland Student Union
– Monday, Dec. 9: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
Multicultural Center: Food, fun, games and movies
– Sunday, Dec. 8: 6 p.m. to midnight - coffee, cookies, snacks.
– Monday, Dec. 9: 8 a.m. to midnight - breakfast buffet.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 8 a.m. to midnight - chicken tenders.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. - snacks.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Faith Riedel, Multicultural Center
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 11: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14, through Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
– Monday, Dec. 9: 8-9 a.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10: 8-9 a.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11: 8-9 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., 6-7 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.
– Thursday, Dec. 12: 8-9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 6-7 p.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13, through Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
Tracy Turner, Office of Recreational Services
Rohrbach Library will be operating under the following schedule for finals week:
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Thursday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.
– Friday, Dec. 13: 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Saturday, Dec. 14, and Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed.
– Winter break hours begin Dec. 16: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Jennifer Tanzos, Rohrbach Library
The UWC in 100C Rohrbach Library, will be open the following times during finals:
– Sunday, Dec. 8: 2-9 p.m.
– Monday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 11: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Patricia Pytleski, University Writing Center
Council of Trustees
Farewell Reception for Troy Weidner
Farewell Reception for Jamie Kardos
Women’s basketball v. Georgian Court
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by email at email@example.com or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by email at OCR@ed.gov.