June 17, 2021
VIDEO: LGBTQ+ RESOURCE CENTER
As we celebrate Pride this month and every month, learn more about Kutztown University’s LGBTQ+ Resource Center and the many services it provides to students. Watch here.
Bryan Salvadore, Office of Communications
If you enjoyed yesterday, today will be a close copy with temperatures slightly higher. However, it is still below normal for June 17, by a couple degrees. We will continue to have nice, low dewpoints.
WHERE CAN I CELEBRATE JUNETEENTH?
– Worldwide: listings of celebrations, including those in the Unites States, as well as additional historical information can be found at www.Juneteenth.com.
– Locally: Juneteenth Lehigh Valley,11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, June 19, at Steelstacks in Bethlehem. https://www.steelstacks.org/event/10642/juneteenth-lehigh-valley/.
– Germantown: Philadelphia Juneteenth Festival,1-5 p.m., Saturday, June 19.
Jerry Schearer, Office of Inclusion and Outreach
YEAR END DUE DATE: GOODS AND SERVICES
– Requisitions: For services or goods to be provided/delivered prior to June 30, requisitions must be entered in SourcePoint and approved by your manager by Monday, June 21.
– Invoices: For services or goods provided/delivered prior to June 30, they must be submitted to the Office of Accounts Payable as soon as possible but no later than Friday, July 9.
– Delivered Merchandise: Merchandise delivered directly to you from a vendor on or before June 30, must be received in SourcePoint before the end of day Wednesday, June 30. Contact the storeroom if you need assistance at 610-683-4122.
– Direct Pay Requests: For a payment request to be processed before June 30, it must be received by the Office of Accounts Payable no later than Monday, June 21. For any requests that will be back dated to FY 2021, it must be received by accounts payable no later than Friday, July 9.
Please contact Accounts Payable with any questions.
Matt Assad, Office of the Controller
THE FOLLOWING CAMPS/CONFERENCES WILL BE ON CAMPUS JUNE 17-23
– Friday, June 18 - Sunday, June 20 - Kutztown Dance Company Recital.
– Friday, June 18 - Sunday, June 20 - Bertucci Volleyball.
– Saturday, June 19 - East Penn Raiders Football.
– Monday, June 21 - Thursday, June 24 - KU Baseball (day camp).
– Monday, June 21 - Thursday, June 24 - KU Soccer Youth Day Camp.
– Monday, June 21 - Friday, June 25 - KU Men’s Basketball Day Camp.
– Tuesday, June 22 – Thursday, July 1 - KU Art Institute.
Please make them feel welcome on our campus. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Conference Services (x31359).
Jason Garcia, Office of Conference Services
|June 21||5 p.m.||AFSCME Membership Meeting
145 Boehm Science Center
|June 24||9 a.m.||Transfer Orientation
218 McFarland Student Union
HEALTH AND WELLNESS SERVICES CLOSED
Health and Wellness Services will be closed Friday, June 18, in observance of the Juneteenth Holiday. When Clinical Services is closed, please contact Public Safety and Police Services at 610-683-4001 for immediate assistance. If you have an emergency off campus, call 911.
Amanda Volkert, Health and Wellness Services
VOLUNTEER FOR THE JUNETEENTH DAY OF SERVICE
The Community Outreach Center is looking for Kutztown University community volunteers for our Juneteenth Day of Service in collaboration with the City of Allentown on Saturday, June 19. Multiple shifts are available 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., in Allentown. Please visit our GivePulse page for further details and to sign-up, or email Nykolai Blichar at email@example.com.
*Rain date is Sun. June 20.
Nykolai Blichar, Community Outreach Center
FINANCE 101 FOR STARTUPS
In this free webinar, you will learn how to prepare financial projections, get ready to approach vendors for financing, types of loans you can apply for, how to put together a loan package crowdfunding and the importance of personal credit. Presented by KUSBDC financial consultant, Mark Rentschler. This webinar will take place at 11 a.m., Wednesday, June 30. https://pasbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/28220
Zachary Balla, SBDC
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by email at OCR@ed.gov.