May 14, 2020
DEAN'S OUTSTANDING FACULTY AWARD
Dr. Fran Vasko, professor of mathematics, Department of Mathematics, is the 2020 recipient of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Outstanding Faculty Award. This honor recognizes a faculty member in the college with a consistent and conscientious commitment to student success both in and out of the classroom. Please join us in congratulating Vasko and in thanking him for his dedication to our students.
David Beougher, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Increasing amounts of clouds throughout the day ahead of a warm front. Showers possible later in the day. Highs in the mid-60s. Light easterly breezes.
KU CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION CENTER
The most up-to-date information is at www.kutztown.edu/CoronavirusInfo.
– Administrative offices remain open utilizing email and phone communication.
– Remote online learning continues through summer sessions.
– Answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the Coronavirus Information site.
Office of University Relations
There are no face-to-face events planned at this time.
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION DEPARTMENT MERGE AND NAME CHANGE
Effective Wednesday, July 1, the Department of Elementary Education will merge with the Department of Library and Learning Technologies. The new department name will be Department of Elementary, Middle Level, Library and Technologies Education (EMLT). Please share this notice with everyone in your office (or division). Should you have any questions, please contact Tracy Keyes, chair of the newly formed department, at email@example.com.
John Ward, Department of Education
HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER SUMMER HOURS
Students with medical questions or concerns can call 610-683-4082, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m.to noon and 12:30-3:30 p.m. Nurses are working during COVID-19 pandemic. Health Center office staff are working remotely.
Counseling and Psychological Services
The Office of Counseling and Psychological Services is closed, May 11 to Aug. 21. Mental Health emergencies contact:
– Service Access and Management (SAM), Berks County’s 24-hour mental health crisis center, at 610-236-0530 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
– Public Safety at 610-683-4001.
– Clinical Services at 610-683-4082, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.to noon and 12:30-3:30 p.m.
Helpful resources are available on our websites as well as self-care tips to help navigate through this pandemic at www.kutztown.edu/healthandwellness.
Dolores Hess, Health and Wellness Services
SPORT MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP STUDIES AWARD WINNERS
– Outstanding Achievement in Department of Sport Management and Leadership Studies: Stephen Wolf.
– Outstanding Academic Achievement in Sport Management Award: Jonathan Evans.
– Outstanding Academic Achievement in Coaching and Athletic Administration Minor Award: Brianna Junious.
– Outstanding Academic Achievement in Fitness Administration Minor Award: Laura Bisco.
– CHI SIGMA MU – Sport Management Honor Society: Courtney Browning, Theresa Higgins, Darryl Morgan, Kyra Wozniak, Collin Bishop, Shannon Darcy, Jonathan Evans, Stephen Wolf and Abigail Zeger.
Elizabeth Rogol, Department of Sport Management and Leadership Studies
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by email at OCR@ed.gov.