May 25, 2022
Honors Program Celebrates Graduates
Congratulations to the forty-five graduates who completed the honors program requirements this academic year. The honors program spring senior banquet was held Thursday, April 28. Capstone advisors acknowledged the graduates and presented them with their medals, cords and certificates of achievement. Dr. Andrea Kirshman, associate provost of Academic Success and Retention, provided opening remarks. Provost Lorin Basden Arnold offered greetings to the graduates. The following individuals were recognized for specific awards:
- Outstanding Capstone: Camille Kester (B.S. Computer Science; BFA Applied Digital Arts) "An Interdisciplinary Approach to Game Design" Advisors: Drs. Thiep Pham and Donna DeMarco.
- Outstanding Capstone Honorable Mention: Vanessa Maybruck (BS Mathematics; BSEd Secondary Education: Mathematics) "An Examination of Fontan Circulation Using Differential Equation Models and Numerical Methods" Advisor: Dr. Brooks Emerick
- Most Impactful Senior: Brittany Arentz (BSBA Marketing and Finance)
- Most Community Service: Lindsey Moyer (BSEd Secondary Education: Mathematics)
- Faculty Member of the Year: Dr. John Walker (Department of Business Administration)
Jennifer Schlegel, Honors Program
PASSHE DEI Summit - Save the Date
The 2022 PASSHE Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit will take place virtually Nov. 2-4. This year's theme is "What Does It Mean to Belong: Cultivating Relationships and Centering Equity in Our Communities." Faculty and staff are encouraged to attend and submit proposals. More information and the call for proposals is forthcoming. The deadline for proposals is Aug. 29.
Jerry Schearer, Office of Inclusion and Equity
KU Print Center
Just a reminder that we are here to help with all print, signage and mailing projects you need completed before June 30. Our typical production time is just 48-72 hours, so we can handle all your requests.
Ilene Stroh, KU Print Center
|May 30||All Day||Memorial Day
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by email at email@example.com or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by email at OCR@ed.gov.