KU Council of Trustees Approve December 2019 Graduates
KUTZTOWN, Pa. – The Kutztown University Council of Trustees approved the candidates for degrees in preparation for KU’s 2019 Fall Commencement to highlight the Council’s December board meeting Thursday afternoon.
Fall commencement is scheduled for 9 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 14, in O'Pake Fieldhouse. Dr. Kenneth Hawkinson, university president, and Dr. Anne Zayaitz, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs, will preside.
The Council also approved the awarding of three posthumous degrees: Janira Barona, special education; Vanessa A. Fisher, English; Sallie Redekop, communication studies.
The approval of candidates was 1-of-12 actions approved at Thursday’s meeting. In other business, the KU Council of Trustees:
* Approved minutes from Oct. 24 meeting.
* Approved 11 new internship agreements and two renewals with Berkshire Psychiatric Association, Counselor Education; Blueprints for Addiction Recovery, Social Work; Ethos Clinic, Counselor Education; Kutztown Area School District, Athletics; Lehigh County Adult Probation, Psychology (renewal); Lehigh County Authority, Physical Sciences; Lehigh County Office of Adult Mental Health, Psychology (renewal); Liquid Interactive, Computer Science; Olympus Sports Prep Academy, Sport Management; Retreat at Lancaster County, Counselor Education; Salisbury Behavioral Health, Counselor Education; Silver Lining Support Services, Social Work; The Halfway Home of the Lehigh Valley, Counselor Education.
* Approved affiliation agreement with Ephrata Area School District and KU’s College of Education (renewal).
* Approved a new transfer and articulation agreement with Westmoreland County Community College, Youngwood, Pa.
* Approved a memorandum of understanding with Oley Valley School District.
* Approved consent agenda items consisting of select purchases and contracts under $100,000, and select purchases and contracts $100,000 and over.
* Approved audit report on financial statements.
* Approved the certification of external university financial support.
* Approved auxiliary fees for 2020-21.
* Approved fees for The Washington Center.
The KU Council of Trustees next public board meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m., March 12, 2020, at 250 McFarland Student Union.