KU Council of Trustees Approves 33 Internship Agreements at Thursday’s June Meeting
Former KU football coach Bud Heilman (center) was recognized Thursday by President Hawkinson and the KU Council of Trustees for his service in the US Navy during the Normandy landings 75 years ago. Pictured with his former players at KU, the 'Heilman's Herd', alongside President Hawkinson and Council of Trustee members.
KUTZTOWN, Pa. – The Kutztown University Council of Trustees approved 33 internship agreements as part of their sixth meeting of the academic year on Thursday, June 13.
In Thursday’s business, the KU Council of Trustees:
* Approved the Minutes from previous meeting on April 25, 2019.
* Approved 33 internship agreements (32 new) with KU and Always Advancing (sport management), Appel Farm Arts & Music Center (music), Berks Nature (geography), Bloomsburg Public Library (library/learning tech), Borough of Tamaqua (political science), BWG Strategy (sport management), Concord University Marsh Library (library/learning tech), Defense Logistics Agency, Susquehanna (social work), Easton Area School District (sport management), Grace Evangelical Congregational Church (communication studies), Hopewell United Methodist Church (geography), James Buchanan Middle School (library/learning tech), Kelly Services, Inc. (biology), Northern Schuylkill School District (social work), Orion Communities, Inc. (social work), PA Small Business Development Center (academic affairs), Perfect Care (sport management), Pfizer Student Worker Program (academic affairs), Philadelphia Union (academic affairs), Physical Therapy of St. Luke’s (biology), Pocono Raceway (sport management), Pro Prospects, Inc. (sport management), Reading High School (library/learning tech), Reading United AC (sport management), Salisbury Middle School (sport management), Schuylkill County Municipal Authority (geography), SPIN Community and Fitness (sport management), University of Nevada Las Vegas (sport management), Upper Perkiomen School District (library/learning tech), Washington County Public Schools (library/learning tech), West Chester Public Library (library/learning tech), Youth Service, Inc. (social work), and YMCA of the Pines (sport management).
* Approved the License for Use of Real Property Agreement with KU and Kerrick Family (Stoddartsville, Pa.).
* Approved six Affiliation Agreements (1 new, five renewal) with KU’s College of Education and Dallas School District, Palmyra Area School District, Pocono Mountain School District, Pottsgrove School District, Quakertown Community School District and Wyomissing Area School District.
* Approved new Memorandum of Understanding with KU and Fleetwood Area School District.
* Approved new Transfer and Articulation Agreements with KU and Community College of Allegheny County and Lackawanna College.
* Approved consent agenda items consisting of select purchases and contracts under $100,000, and select purchases and contracts $100,000 and over.
* Approved 2019-20 E&G budget.
* Approved 2019-20 winter study abroad program fees.
* Approved 2019-20 Council of Trustees meeting schedule.
* Approved KU Order of Succession Plan as required by the Board of Governors’ Policy 1983-14: appointing interim and acting Chief Executive Officers.
The KU Council of Trustees next public board meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. on August 8, 2019, in McFarland Student Union Building Room 250.