Kutztown University Creates Scholarships for Pell Grant Eligible Students
KUTZTOWN, Pa. – Kutztown University established its Pell Promise scholarships to help students in need. Beginning in the 2022 fall semester for newly-accepted students, the KU Pell Promise scholarship covers the entire cost of student tuition and mandatory fees after the student's federal grants (Pell and SEOG) and Pennsylvania state grants, as well as additional institutional scholarships that have been awarded.
The Pell Promise is Kutztown University's commitment to undergraduate students to close the gap between merit and need-based aid received, tuition and fees. This incoming-student award begins with the Fall 2022 class. KU will cover the remaining balance of tuition and mandatory fees after Pell Grant, PHEAA Grant and all other institutional awards.
To be eligible for the KU Pell Promise, students must:
- Be admitted into an undergraduate program for your first bachelor's degree.
- Be classified as a Pennsylvania resident; and qualify for in-state tuition.
- Be eligible for Pell Grant and PA State Grant (state application required).
- Be an incoming freshman with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale), or an incoming transfer with a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Be enrolled full-time at the end of the drop/add period each semester.
This award requires that a student maintain full-time enrollment up to 18 credits per semester. To maintain eligibility, students must remain in good standing and continue to meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
Students can receive the scholarship for eight consecutive semesters for new students (six semesters for transfer students). At the end of each academic year, students must earn at least 24 new credits with a 2.5 or higher GPA. Students must file the FAFSA every year and remain Pell and PA State grant eligible to renew the KU Pell Promise.
Students are automatically considered when they apply to KU and submit a completed, processed FAFSA to KU.
Questions can be directed to KU's Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.