Exploratory Studies

As an Exploratory Studies student, you will have the opportunity to research and evaluate academic majors and clarify your goals while you explore your interests through courses, programs, and extracurricular activities at Kutztown University (KU). The Department of Academic Enrichment provides a variety of resources and knowledgeable staff to help you make informed decisions about your coursework at KU.

  • Advising

    Your Academic Advisor is a faculty member who will guide and advise you in matters such as selecting and scheduling courses, establishing and evaluating academic goals, understanding and navigating university policies and procedures, exploring academic majors and related careers, declaring a major, and connecting with other university programs and resources. 

  • Declaring a Major

    All KU undergraduate students must declare a major prior to the completion of 60 credits.

    Once you have talked with your Exploratory Studies advisor to be sure you meet all the qualifications for your major of choice, you can go directly to the academic department in which you would like to declare.  You will fill out the Change of Major form with them. The change is immediate.  

  • Request for Extension of Exploratory Studies Status

    Exploratory Studies students with more than 60 credits, will need to complete a Request for Extension form which will require the recommendation of the chairperson of the Department of Academic Enrichment and the approval of the Associate Provost for Retention and Student Success.