Safety and Emergency Information
Safety is of the utmost importance to Kutztown University and its community. Gathered on this page are all of the safety information and resources, emergency notifications and outlets in the event of crime, weather, safety or any other type of urgent information important to campus.
- Current Safety Alerts
- KU Alert System In the event of an emergency, timely and accurate communication of information is critical. The KU Alert system includes text, email, web and on-campus mass notification systems.
- Severe Weather - In the event of a weather cancellation or delay affecting classes and administrative offices, find out the status of classes before you head out the door.
- Public Safety & Police Services
- Emergency Quick Response Guide
- Emergency Response Pocket Guide (PDF)
- Classroom Safety FAQ and Planning Considerations (PDF)
- Environmental Health and Safety
- MSDS Online
VIDEO: Run. Hide. Fight. View this video on surviving an active shooter event.
- To report a safety concern, please contact the supervisory area of concern. Common areas of oversight include Facilities and Public Safety and Police Services. General inquiries can be directed to University Relations.
TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY, CALL 610-683-4001
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.