Congratulations on your acceptance! Follow the next steps in the enrollment process below.
Pay the Advanced Registration Deposit (ARD) to commit to attending KU.
Paying the ARD secures your spot in the class. After this payment is received, you'll be able to move forward with next steps in the enrollment process including housing and registration for New Student Orientation. Refer to the instructions in your acceptance letter or click here for a step-by-step guide to paying the Advanced Registration Deposit to commit to KU.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Learn about KU's process for Financial Aid.
- Learn about the Housing process and timeline.
Create a My College Roomie profile - resident and commuting students.
My College Roomie is not only a tool to help you be matched with a potential roommate, but also a great way for admitted students to virtually connect to one another! You can create a profile that includes your activities and interests, and send messages to other students. My College Roomie is a networking tool for ALL students - whether you're living on campus or commuting. Instructions on how to log in are sent by email to your personal email address. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet other future Golden Bears and set up your profile ASAP!
Please contact the Housing Office with questions.
- Follow the Next Steps Checklist to stay on track.
Register for New Student Orientation.
Register for New Student Orientation. This program is when you will register for classes and learn important information that will help you be successful in your first semester. Be sure to complete your ALEKS math assessment before attending your selected day. The math assessment is designed to place you in the appropriate math course.
Submit your final high school or college transcripts.
Make arrangements to have your final high school or college transcripts sent to KU. Final high school transcripts must include the date of graduation. Final college transcripts must include grades from the last semester you took classes at the institution. Transcripts can be sent electronically or via US mail.
Mail to: Office of Undergraduate Admissions, P.O. Box 730, Kutztown, PA 19530 or send electronically through your high school via Parchment or Naviance (no emailed or faxed copies of transcripts will be accepted).
Check your KU email and MyKU portal for updates.
Your KU email account and instructions for logging in will be provided after your ARD has been received. It is the official means of communication from the University, and you will receive important information via email. You will also receive information including financial aid notification through your MyKU portal.
- Plan for Billing and Payment Dates.
- Students who have been offered conditional information must complete the Summer Talent Academy for Rising Stars.
Get to know KU's student services.
As a KU student, you will have unlimited access to resources that will help you be successful in college and beyond! Get to know our student services now so you can take full advantage while you are on campus.
Veteran Students - Apply for Military Education Benefits.
- Apply for your VA GI Bill after completing basic and advanced training (approval process can take 6-8 weeks).
- Using EAP? Apply by the program deadline date through your military unit (Air and Army National Guard only).
- Submit your official military transcript: CCAF (Air Force) or DoD Joint Services Transcript (all other branches) to KU Registrar’s Office for academic credit evaluation.
- Using VA GI Bill benefits transferred from your parent? Apply for benefits in your own name (approval process can take 6-8 weeks).
- Using the National Guard’s Military Family Education Program (PA GI Bill)? Apply by the program deadline date through the PA National Guard Education Office.
Visit Veterans Services for additional details!
View our Resources for Parents of Admitted Students.
Helpful information for parents can be found here!