Follow these next steps in the enrollment process
Pay the Advanced Registration Deposit (ARD) to commit to attending KU.
Paying the ARD secures your spot in the class. The ARD is paid in your applicant portal. After this payment is received, you'll be able to move forward with the next steps in the enrollment process including housing and registration for New Student Orientation. Refer to the instructions in your acceptance letter.
Log into your MyKU Student Account Portal.
All admitted students are assigned a MyKU Student Account portal. Instructions on how to log in are sent via email. Be sure to check this portal regularly for updates on your next steps!
Complete the FAFSA and learn about our financial aid process.
Complete the FAFSA and ensure that you have listed KU to receive a report. After you pay the ARD to commit to KU, be sure to remove all other schools from the list in your FAFSA. Take a look at some helpful tips for filing the FAFSA.
Learn about the Housing process and timeline, including My College Roomie (roommate matching).
My College Roomie is not only a tool to help you be matched with a potential roommate but also a great way for admitted students to connect with one another! You can create a profile that includes your activities and interests, and send messages to other students. My College Roomie is a networking tool for ALL students - whether you're living on campus or commuting. Instructions on how to log in are sent by email.
Please contact the Housing Office with questions.
- Follow the Next Steps Checklist to stay on track.
Register for New Student Orientation.
Register for New Student Orientation. This program is when you will register for classes and learn important information that will help you be successful in your first semester. Be sure to complete your ALEKS math assessment before attending your selected day. The math assessment is designed to place you in the appropriate math course.
- Plan for Billing and Payment Dates.
Veteran Students - Apply for Military Education Benefits.
- Apply for your VA GI Bill after completing basic and advanced training (approval process can take 6-8 weeks).
- Using EAP? Apply by the program deadline date through your military unit (Air and Army National Guard only).
- Submit your official military transcript: CCAF (Air Force) or DoD Joint Services Transcript (all other branches) to KU Registrar’s Office for academic credit evaluation.
- Using VA GI Bill benefits transferred from your parent? Apply for benefits in your own name (approval process can take 6-8 weeks).
- Using the National Guard’s Military Family Education Program (PA GI Bill)? Apply by the program deadline date through the PA National Guard Education Office.
Visit Veterans Services for additional details!
New Student Orientation for Accepted Students (Dine with the Director Zoom session recording)
Admissions and Financial Aid for Accepted Students (Dine with the Director Zoom session recording)