Chambliss Student Academic Achievement Awards
The Chambliss Student Academic Achievement Awards were established through a generous gift provided by Dr. Carlson R. Chambliss, who served as a member of the Kutztown University faculty from 1970 until 2003. The purpose of the awards is to recognize the exceptional individual achievements of a select group of senior students as their careers at Kutztown University draw to a close.
Faculty and staff at Kutztown University are encouraged to nominate students worthy of consideration for this prestigious award. The criterion requires that the nominee exemplify an individual achievement in one or more of the following areas in order to be considered for one of the twelve awards. The areas of achievement are:
- Successfully completed research projects
- Original artwork of high quality
- Artistic performances (music, chorus, drama, etc) of high quality
- Original writing in literature or meritorious writing in other fields
- Noteworthy achievements in athletics
- Outstanding service to the Kutztown University community
Dr. Chambliss has provided the resources for up to twelve medals (2 gold, 4 silver, 6 copper) to be issued annually to the students selected for this award. In addition, each student recipient will receive a certificate acknowledging conferral of the award.
For more information, please email Dr. Andrea Kirshman, Associate Provost for Retention and Student Success
Chambliss Nomination forms will be released in November/December 2019